sponge floats on multifinnish

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are you such a c**t mate ?? you must have some serious issues... anyways, I dont give a fuk about knowing how to sponge multi up, why would I ?? as i said, im a plasterer with 33 years experience, full apprentiship and advanced city and guilds.. hence why i have no knowledge of sponging multi..lol... maybe on your jobs its fine... but u certainly need to drag yourself from up your own arse bud.... having 14,000 posts is great, as long as they make sense hey...
Cassie don't get all emotional mate were all still learning, did I tell you the one about how when people talk themselves up there usually actually shite?

Cassie don't get all emotional mate were all still learning, did I tell you the one about how when people talk themselves up there usually actually shite?

I dont think your shite mate, with that many posts ur da man...xxx

Ok.. so, thought i would mention this sponging mallarky to the lads at work ( they dont use this forum ) and yep.. they never heard of it being done, and thought it was funny as... there are some knowledgable people on here ( and some less so lol ) but cant help thinking some are trying to change the wheel... sorry for not thinking sponging multi is the new messiah.. but it aint,, in fact i never heard owt so fukin r******d for a while... ok lads let the onslaught begin, but try and be original essex, and sponky will just slag owt anyways..lol... adios...

Ok.. so, thought i would mention this sponging mallarky to the lads at work ( they dont use this forum ) and yep.. they never heard of it being done, and thought it was funny as... there are some knowledgable people on here ( and some less so lol ) but cant help thinking some are trying to change the wheel... sorry for not thinking sponging multi is the new messiah.. but it aint,, in fact i never heard owt so fukin r******d for a while... ok lads let the onslaught begin, but try and be original essex, and sponky will just slag owt anyways..lol... adios...

I was asking a serious question @cassie . It was common practice back in the days of Sirapite to float either the whole wall or just internals and ceiling lines.
I very rarely float finish but know that it will leave a spot on finish if done by the right person. Each to their own, it's not for me or you but I'd bet Spunky leaves a good standard of work doing it 'his' way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't used a sponge on multi myself but I suppose if you do get the same finish as you would with applying 2 coats then fair play.if it's quicker and a lot easier even better.some people don't seem to want to change there practice if it's been working well for them after 20 or so years doing it the RIGHT way so to speak.
I'm going to give it a go myself when I next get the opportunity so I can make my own mind up.

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I was asking a serious question @cassie . It was common practice back in the days of Sirapite to float either the whole wall or just internals and ceiling lines.
I very rarely float finish but know that it will leave a spot on finish if done by the right person. Each to their own, it's not for me or you but I'd bet Spunky leaves a good standard of work doing it 'his' way.
My old lecturer used to talk about float finishing, i dont think theres the money to do that these days pal..

I still have a cross grain float but tbh only use it when i'm out to impress if you catch me drift

Right I gave the sponge a go for the 1st time over some tanking 2 coated sponged wet trowel polish surprised how well it finished

I don't know how it works. I don't sponge areas to be honest. Just did other once or twice on some reveals I'd lost and it worked fine. Spray sponge then plastic...

I don't know how it works. I don't sponge areas to be honest. Just did other once or twice on some reveals I'd lost and it worked fine. Spray sponge then plastic...

Windy how do you lose you reveals you nutter, surely once they're on they're on.

I have yet to see a good finish with a sponge float.... maybe its because I not seen any good spreads do it.....

I have used a plastic float in the past on reveals when I was learning but dont bother now....

Danny

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Plasterers Forum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.