System for bathroom

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack88

Not done a great deal of venetian, only about 3 or 4 feature walls, chimey breasts in my time....been asked to do 2 bathrooms, so thought i'd ask the experts on here what the most waterproof and durable system is for splash back areas...currently use carrara for the base, 2 polish coats of marmorino followed by 1 wax, left to dry, then buff with machine...am i right in thinking for splash back areas it'll need several wax coats??...and finally will this need re waxing in years to come??...many thanks for any help in advance!!:RpS_thumbup:

I use 2 coats of carrara, 2 coats of classico, allow to dry for a couple of days then 2 coats of thompsons waterseal and 2 coats of cera wax. For even more protection you can topcoat with parafin wax. For the bathroom you really need the waterseal as the water can still penetrate if its just waxed.

Thanks mike:RpS_thumbsup:...i used a stone sealer on my own bathroom before aplying the bees wax and a buff (just the natural white marmorino) it tinted it a bit tho, so i've been a bit hesitant about sealers...hence the post...so thomsons waterseal is ok then...how is that applied and how long should it be left before applying the wax??...also when does the parafin wax get applied in the process, is that instead of the cera wax or after the cera wax??...thanks again

Just apply the waterseal with a brush, let dry and recoat. Then two coats of bees wax and finally the paraffin wax. I've always left the waterseal for a day before applying the wax

If enough coats of waterseal and wax, then parrafin wax are applied is this still only good enough for splashbacks or would it work in a shower?

If enough coats of waterseal and wax, then parrafin wax are applied is this still only good enough for splashbacks or would it work in a shower?

hi Niro,

with a couple of coats of waterseal and waxed properly it will be fine in a shower

Status
Not open for further replies.