talking to a guy today

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry

Private Member
Talking to a guy today and we got talking about car boots etc. Anyway he said on sunday he went to a big carboot and the amount of guys on there handing out flyiers and selling tools and signs saying joiner, plasterer, looking for work and today a young lad rang me saying he is a spread, do I have any work and he will work for £50 a day labour or spreading, He has not done anything for a month. I just said will keep your number if I do will let you know.

They should be on 60 a day but in the present climate (backward ass timewarp) He's an expensive labourer then

i get a good 4-6 enquries a week by means of lads emailing me or phoning up looking for work, 50 quid a day, 80 quid a day always skimmers, ten a penny, dont even do internal plastering anymore.so there emailing a rendering firm through a renderng website looking for plastering work.s**t for brains some fellas.:-0

Last edited:
brits where i am in Spain are working €6 an hour if they can get any work, my Spanish neighbour who is a top notch Mono man has done about a week in the last 18 months since the company he worked for folded.

Spain is really suffering a lot of hard working folk are loseing there homes through no fault of there own just no work for them .
Lucius is not possible to get your mate a start over here I mean to say 6 euro a hour piss take.

I asked him if he had a passport and he said he didnt and cant even afford clothes at the moment no matter a passport.

i worked last week for 70 euro a day and worked hard for it and was glad to get it aplumber told me yesterday he was asked to work for 40 a day he told him to shove it i dont know wheres its going to stop but theres no choise here at the moment well there is u can stay at home and suck ur thumb moan over

It's not what you know but who you know in business, Where this is all going to end, how long is a piece of string. I would think lads on here are very busy some ticking over and with nothing on, same as most trades.
For me when you start playing the price game "He who is the cheapest wins " you just end up in that mind set of been cheap to win jobs and end up going backwards very quick. So how much are you willing to work for a day plaster man that is the question.

Then youre a ******* idiot don't do it if you work for s**t money it wont get better how the fwak can you live on 50 a day you're better off on the dole .......**** me it's not 1980

Every one needs to make a stand and it starts from the bottom were murdering each other I'm going to look into doing my own work soon or I'm ******

I've got a good bit on but my phone's stopped ringing. You can never take your foot off the gas in this game. But working for peanuts when the job takes a heavy toll on the body is just not on!!!!

I just cannot weigh up what is really going on this year work wise, one moment your busy then it drops off and so on.

70% of the work i price i never get but the other 30% i do and its enough to keep me going at the rates i want you just have to put abit more into it nowadays.

I'm still earning £150 plus per day here, It is domestic jobs though, you would struggle on sites. (booked solid 7 days a week for 3 weeks in advance)

Sooner then later the tide will turn and things will get better again for us all everything comes full circle.

still strugglin in southwest aswell, :-(, working for 80 a day labouring and plastering , decoratin on an ins job . dont know when this is goin to end . as above ,gettin sick of diggin into savins to pay bills . I went to the rock n roll office and was told to feck off as i have not paid enough nat ins !. Cant believe that i have paid into the system since i was 16 ,never had any benefits ever, im 42 now !. And some tosser can walk into this country and claim wtf is that all about .

Sooner then later the tide will turn and things will get better again for us all everything comes full circle.

its going to be later by the looks of things, about 2 years i reckon:RpS_thumbdn:, would love to be wrong tho !

makes you think dont it ! the poorest paid trade but yet its the trade that has more of its work on show per house/job, we get to cover any crap the brickies put up and nothing gets said, but we can get pulled up on the least little thing, somethings deffo back to front in this trade !

Well I think we have hit rock bottom now and for them who are still standing things will get a little better, the winter is the winter
and work is a little slower. I also think you will not see another houseing boom like we just had for a very very long time. Site work and large refurbs will be the first to come out of this down turn. The domestic side is fecked houses are not selling first time buyers
cannot save for a deposit and every chancer came into the domestic side thinking they will make a pot of gold. To many so called plasterers jumping onto the bandwagon re skimming. 5 day wonders would not cut it on site the standard is far higher then domectic work thats why they all came into the domestic work, there is no bench mark for this kind of skimming. I have said this before you have no chance when a spread is signing on and undercutting a guy who is not. This is just the way it is, just try and stay focus on your game plan on were your going and not what others are doing .

Well who is checking it gibbo what happend to having pride in your work. Even if it's s**t prices still try and do your very best .
SHOW SOME LOVE FOR YOUR TRADE.

Site work is finished boys, the prices dictate it you can have loads of work b ut you cant sub it out as the margins arent there, domestic is the way at the moment but you mustnt go in cheap cos you just fcuk it up for every one.

I always leave top class job i have pride in what i do unlike many i see.too many rough arses in this game giving true plasterers a bad name.The other week ....first day on job.... site agent asked me are you the skimmer...insult...afterspending ten mins trying to explain i am a plasterer not a skimmer...he didnt understand true definition of PLASTERER i.e float and skim ,rendering, boarding etc oh yes and skimming.:RpS_angry:

And that's what there doing going in cheap of fear of not getting the job amongst other things,

Its all awkard and i can understand why people work cheap just to feed kids etc but at the end of the day it puts us all in a hole, myself the price is the price take it or leave it, rather sell my arse and s**t through my ribcage than work cheap

It's a tough call to make once you start been cheap it is hard to put your prices up again because folk will tell other folk your prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.