talking to a guy today

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the leaving a good finish thing its all aload of bo11ox cos a true plasterers s**t work is good enuff its only to55ers who cant plaster who pull yer work.ffs some of these tvvats think its formica or something they scrutinise a wall or a room find a tiny imperfection and pull yer.meanwhile you walked into the same room it would of been full of sh1t, snots everywhere, pipes 50mm out on walls etc etc and no c**t gave fcuk

Hello new here, just stumbled onto this forum looking for examples of prices people were getting in the north west and thought id comment.

Im a joiner which was once known as a carpenter and is now known as an interior fitter, looks like your trade is going the same way as ours is, 2 week interior fitting course and then thrown to a gang of subbys on price..........keep getting told to get the **** out the way............get your picture taken by an assesor........... pass with flying colours.........go it alone and tell everyone you work for that you are a joiner........kill all prices and day rates.

Everytime i am asked by an agent are you the fitter i say no im the carpenter and get the confused look in return.

Our site prices are completely knackered as well. Fit a 12 unit kitchen with 3 lengths of worktop, 2 butt and scribe joints, 4 sets of cornice and pelmet to 4 seperate wall units, all cutouts, plinths,handles,closers,laminations and splashbacks for a grand total of £100 and this is supplying your own blades bits and cutters. Its got to the stage on the kitchens that some of the older fellas cant manage to fit one in a day so are being put onto £80 daywork. Nice reward for grafting all your life and passing your skills on aint it.

Also when you lot plaster a wall can you not do that scoopy bit right were i have to fit my skirtings because it aint half annoying when i have to t**t it all off:RpS_wink:

Im presuming building site rules apply here regarding piss taking:RpS_thumbup:

Also when you lot plaster a wall can you not do that scoopy bit right were i have to fit my skirtings because it aint half annoying when i have to t**t it all off

Thats normally chancers that do that :)

Welcome by the way :)

Cheers mate, on our side of things you can blame the interior fitters for the pissed door casings and wonky windows. I was always told not to piss the plasterer off because id have a lot of scribing to do if i did.:RpS_sneaky::RpS_biggrin:

Dont worry about my axe as its very blunt because i was on skirtings yesterday so its rather blunt from twatting off the scoopy bit:RpS_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.