1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Tool belt setup

Discussion in 'Tips And Tricks of The Trade' started by jimbo71, Jul 12, 2017.

1. jimbo71

jimbo71 Active Member

Whats your preferred method of carrying your tools when boarding? I have a bit of a thing for tool belts, you see these guys in America who carry everything including the kitchen sink, that looks draining!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stevieo

Stevieo Member

Don't join the army.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Wayners

Wayners Member

4. jimbo71

jimbo71 Active Member

I've done that, maybe the tool belts remind me of webbing pouches, spent ages making it personal/comfortable

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Vincey

Vincey Private Member

I keep mine really basic , just essentials

IMG_7217.JPG

6. Cornelius

Cornelius Well-Known Member

What's the green masturbation rag?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

tool belt for me as well

8. I guess I'm probably one of those guys in America who carry the kitchen sink but believe it or not this is slimmed down from what I used to use. I've had a lot of different setups through the years and my current one is by far my favorite. Its durable but don't let the bulk fool you. With the suspenders its VERY comfortable and I can go all day with no back pain. I'm right handed so if you're a south paw this would be changed up for you.

My Belt setup:
    20170717_192058.jpg

Right side tools:
    20170717_192116.jpg
    Here they are individually:
    20170717_192143.jpg

Left side tools: (I carry screws on this side. 2 pouches for different lengths if necessary)
    20170717_192110.jpg

Here they are individually: (The paper is important if you have complicated cuts and need to draw it out or so you can take several measurments at once. A scrap piece of board works too but this is cleaner and lighter.
    20170717_192202.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. jimbo71

jimbo71 Active Member

Nice setup, is that occidental leather? Very expensive over here.

10. Yes they are Oxy bags. After replacing my bags every few years I decided to only cry onece and bought these. I'm betting they'll last longer than me so over their lifetime it's worth it. I think this setup cost around $350. If you hang a lot it's totally worth it though.

11. s61

s61 Active Member

Like the pocket kicker don't see any of those over here handy little tool

• Like Like x 1
  12. zombie

zombie Private Member

I just use the with the window sill!

13. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

nice :D

14. Stevieo

Stevieo Member

What's that pencil holder thing for - holding pencils?

Have you no ear?

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. It's called pencil armor made by Johnson. Makes it so you don't lose your pencil in your bag even when it gets whittled down. (and the clip on it is handy) Carpenter pencils don't stay behind the ear very well, especially when you have to throw sheets over your head.

16. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

I spent £2.75 on my tool belt expecting it to last a year.... still going strong and used a lot more than most would imagine :D

• Like Like x 1