URGENT QUESTION - Soaking the lime?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am doing a questionaire in preparation for an Australian Qualification. Dont understand the term myself either.!

Thanks for trying though!

Soaking lime is slaking lime perhaps its a bit like tomarto and tomato, prolly best to do a search on lime puttys and lime rendering

Cheers mate for that link, however, still does not answer my question. Perhaps its an Australian term. Will check with the assessor!

slaking is an old fashioned word for soaking. aussies don't speak the queens english!

with a recession immenent i wonder if the royal family have thought about getting jobs to help pay there own bills?

I agree with pug its just a different way of wording it,
Lime Putty or Non-Hydraulic Lime is produced by slaking fresh Quicklime (Lump Lime) in an excess of water which is then left to mature for at least three months.

The resulting fat lime putty hardens as a result of exposure to the air /re-carbonation and does not set under water. This lime is often regarded as the most appropriate lime to use in the conservation of old buildings where maximum permeability is required

The Lime Putty is blended with sand to produce plasters and mortars or can be diluted to make lime wash.

with a recession immenent i wonder if the royal family have thought about getting jobs to help pay there own bills?

YOU SHOULDNT of said that mate , i wouldnt go through any tunnels on your way to work if you know what i mean ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.