Weep vents

spunky

Private Member
We have a job and all the weep vents sit at window head level and dpc level there all in per blocks width so f**k**g loads basically :crying:
I have info from a very good source that says you don’t need them with render unless it’s silicon based or bricks because most modern renders breathe haven’t a clue about where it stands with traditional sand cement
Any thoughts I want to hit the f**k**g things off tbh if it’s possible you only need a couple to sit too low to mess you’re beading up
And love the way there all stuck out at different depths looks great I think :birra:

Pretty much every render job we do onto new block work is full of them, always right at bell cast bead 9/10 times have to cut the beads at everyone, absolute nightmare.

They're usually at tray level above any openings. Regs to let any water in cavity landing on trays to drip out of the perp vents, but it can still run off the ends of the trays dropping down in cavity to below dpc level.
Unless in end of stepped lead flashing trays running down angled roof against main building or continuous lead flashing trays horizontally along flat roof meeting main building. So best leave them showing .

Some are sticking out 40mm some are 15 some don’t exist lol
Some are 20mm below others etc etc etc why have these things if you don’t need them man
That’s my only point mate if there’s ever a good reason to get rid of the things

We have a job and all the weep vents sit at window head level and dpc level there all in per blocks width so f**k**g loads basically :crying:
I have info from a very good source that says you don’t need them with render unless it’s silicon based or bricks because most modern renders breathe haven’t a clue about where it stands with traditional sand cement
Any thoughts I want to hit the f**k**g things off tbh if it’s possible you only need a couple to sit too low to mess you’re beading up
And love the way there all stuck out at different depths looks great I think :birra:
Vikings Axe GIF by THE BEARD STRUGGLE

Haha I don’t want a law suit just wondering what input you guys have if there no use they can f**k**g do one x

I’m on one with loads of the F*****g things. Not even in the same, pointing at all angles and different depths. What a ballache! Not only that, a drip bead on top of the windows! Nothing is made easier is it.
IMG_0736.jpeg

I don't know about now, but back when I was on site the NHBC inspector said they weren't required on a rendered property and to just remove/knock them in.

Yep same advice I’ve had mate it came from a very good friend I’ve known years and was a rep for one of the biggest manufacturers for 6 years

I did one before Xmas. New extension had them over the bi folds. Struggled like f**k to get it flat with lights being fitted to the wall. Clumsy ruling around weep vents and against aluminium copings. Finished the job and the customer said cut them off and fill the holes! Piss take.

Hit every second one in!be fine

Wouldn’t worry about it m8 about 2 years into my apprenticeship I came across another apprentice who was putting half used bottles of milk into the cavities on new build houses f**k**g nutter he was he even said I’m a c**t mate :ROFLMAO: he works in maintenance for a big tech company now