what coarses to go for???

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi chaps, i have been plastering now for around ten years but i am not c&g just wondering witch if any coarse/s would be good to do to gain a better knowledge of the trade??? just thinking of broadening my horizons and maybe opening a few more doors.. any suggestions would be great. thanks

polished plastering would be a good course to do, you have to see what market you would have for it first though..

cheers, dont think there is much call for that in midlands dont know bout the rest of uk. some input off here would be good if anyone knows more about it can you let me know please. i was thinking about these k rend coarses and external insulation does anyone recommend doing them as it seems to be happening everywhere, or anything else plaster related would be great. thanks again for input

cheers, dont think there is much call for that in midlands dont know bout the rest of uk. some input off here would be good if anyone knows more about it can you let me know please. i was thinking about these k rend coarses and external insulation does anyone recommend doing them as it seems to be happening everywhere, or anything else plaster related would be great. thanks again for input
speak with runwithscissors on here..

I will be doing the Wallcrete at some stage ,think it looks great ,and it can be tied in with modern renders ,and the idea of 5 weeks in the sun ...say no more :RpS_laugh:

GT definitely the place for polished plastering. I done the course last summer. Have done a few jobs now and getting more and more interest. People cant believe its plaster once its done. Enjoyable to do and a damn sight less messy than spreading!!!!!

Hi mike, was thinking of doin the GT course my self, did you pick it up easily and does the course enable you to be confident in doing your own work straight ? How long was your course ...

Hi mike, was thinking of doin the GT course my self, did you pick it up easily and does the course enable you to be confident in doing your own work straight ? How long was your course ...

I done the weekend course with Andy Marshall. You get to do several sample boards and a whole wall on this course from start to finish. While i was there i bought enough stuff to do about 25m2 and firstly done some more sample boards at home followed by practicing over and over on a wall at home too. I would definitely recommend plenty of practice before doing a customers job obviously because of the possibility of it not being 100 percent straight away.
Also i researched the products thoroughly for around 6 months to make sure the gear that i am going to be using is good quality. There is some serious crap out there. When you sign up for the Gold trowel course you receive a couple of really good DVDs which it is well worth studying before hand too. There's so many different styles, and techniques for applying this plaster its unbelievable. Its also very addictive once you start and realize the possible finishes that are available.

well i have just signed up to do the wallcrete in march and from what ive seen of the polished plastering i think its defo a route im gunna go down, especially as people are all about feature walls at the mo i think it will look **** hot

It does look amazing. Its so bloody addictive once you start because of all the different possibilities

for any plasterer thats been in the trade for over 5 years and has no C and G or NVQ try superskills, they say, a two day course, but its more a day and a bit (if that), hour or two talking about plastering and rendering and a little paper work to sign, the next day, float and set work, plaster boarding and set, setting beads, applying a scratch coat and some top coat rendering. Sounds easy and it is if you've been plastering a long time and can do this work with your eyes shut. It was free but goverment cuts you know what i meen. They take photos of you doing the course work and thats it you've an NVQ, ready for you cscs card. Superskills are in, Thirsk, North Yorkshire. Its called FAST TRACK for people like you with the skills but no paper work. Good luck .

Yes and after you've paid out a lot of money just to keep yourself in the job you've been doing for the last 25 years you know inside out you get a card you have to pay 30 quid for and if you're really unlucky and happen to be out of work because that beds a bit comfy you get it at a reduced rate
mint his country innit :RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.