would you down tools to force up prices ??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

algeeman

It’s A Boy
Is it time to make a stand together and strike through out the uk to force up prices.
Are we just getting the piss ripped out of us ??

if I thought it would work. but quite simply it never would. especially not on domestic.

Surley if we started to miss a single day a week then onto 2 days a week the builders would have to listen.......we would stop all construction in uk ??

The fact is houses are still selling at high enough prices.
Schools/hospitals are well funded from the goverment.

I am assuming you are talking about site rates and on that basis have this view on your suggestion.
In theory is seems like a good idea but, due to the fact that most spreads on sites now are self employed and working as sub contractors I don't really see who it hurts? What would probably happen is that all but a few who an afford to drop a days pay will just put 10 or 11 hour days in Tue to Fri to make up the dropped money and no ground would be gained unless you can think of a way around that ?

truth is there is far too many plasterers willing to work for crap rates. you strike they just get someone in. I think way forward is a regulated system like gas safe. I knlw thats more for safety reasons. but I think you should have to work to a certain standard to be allowed to trade as a plasterer. itll never happen though

There are still plasterers making money ,people just need to refuse bad work rates,but this won't happen either

If sites were empty of spreads/patchers etc ......other trades would soon start complaing.
It would cost house builders alot of money.
Constantly delaying there time schedules.
All i here on news is how barrats/persimmon etc are still making hundreds of millions a year. If no spreads then no houses ??

Definately not getting the piss taken out of me,I'm earning more than ever at the moment,but then again I'm pretty lucky living in surrey,plenty of posh f**k**s willing to pay ;)

When the millenium dome was being built all the sparks went on strike and got what they wanted.
London to midlands to northwest all lads seem fed up grafting for next to slave labour.

I am making enough thankfully,not huge but enough, I work for regulars who pay me on time and no messing, I could cut myself in half and still be busy at times,

truth is there is far too many plasterers willing to work for crap rates. you strike they just get someone in. I think way forward is a regulated system like gas safe. I knlw thats more for safety reasons. but I think you should have to work to a certain standard to be allowed to trade as a plasterer. itll never happen though

Your spot on with that what the construction industry needs as a whole is a regulatory body that issues a license of sorts that permits the user to operate in the chosen trade and then offers everyone piece of mind that that person is competent. If it costs 500 quid or more then so be it and it should also be illegal for customers to use someone that dosn't have a license builders and domestic alike. Now a system like that would have developers cacking.

Your spot on with that what the construction industry needs as a whole is a regulatory body that issues a license of sorts that permits the user to operate in the chosen trade and then offers everyone piece of mind that that person is competent. If it costs 500 quid or more then so be it and it should also be illegal for customers to use someone that dosn't have a license builders and domestic alike. Now a system like that would have developers cacking.
Is that not the idea of the cscs card,I've never had one but assumed that was the reason they brought it in

Ive gone from 1.85m to 2.70m .
its just ruthless the majority of lads are getting piss poor disgusting rates.....id down tools on £2.70m to cut this **** out for everyone on £2m.

That just smacks of a government body, salivating at the thought of more income from 'licensed' tradesmen though, we would need to ensure it was a governing body run BY plasterers FOR plasterers :RpS_thumbup:

Look at checkatrade though,surely it would have to have similarities to that and that's a load of b*ll***s,it takes one snotty nosed **** to find a bit of dust behind a rad and your blacklisted...

It wasnt long ago i remember tellin them what i wanted......fuuuck this carry on its £2 a metre or il get someone else in.

Builders need bought back to reality.
All trades money would rise.
They lend too much off the banks no sales there ******.

North west .......midlands before christmas loads of family and friends down south saying how poor it is !!!

Law of suPply and demand rules our world, plasterers are not scarce, rarely see an ad looking for plasterers in London, people working through agencies keep rates down too, people on here posting that they work for peanuts does not help either,

I'll assume you mean stopping work on all sites, not private jobs.
To be effective it would need:

1. A governing body to register all spreads.
2. Sites stopped for around about a month.
3. A governing body to co-ordinate on a national level.
4. All plasterers on private work (such as myself) would need to be willing to offer some employment to the registered spreads during the 'stoppage', otherwise they would be undercutting us :RpS_crying:
5. A governing body to negotiate with developers.
6. A willingness of all spreads to stick together (It'll never happen)
7. A date set for the 'stoppage' and kept secret until the actual 'stop' time.
8. Start saving up....................
ARE YOU WITH ME BROTHERS? :RpS_thumbsup:

A governing body whos not to tired from trying to skim 3 bed houses in 3 days to make em pay !!
Plastering contractors are getting fed up aswell.
Shite work. Constant problems from clients and staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.