1 year on

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

gps

or there abouts,

A question really for those who did a cement course, how is it going and was it the next big thing that it was being touted as.

gordon, lets put it like this...
the gear is good stuff, has its applications, and to be honest I could have done maybe 15 jobs with it without looking for it...
the problem is that the supplier has the sole distribution rights in the uk so its pretty much shot itself in the foot... its just too much hassle imo....
I was on my mates job the other week, could have had the kitchen floor and the fireplace no worries at all, specially since the kitchen floor needed something like 25mm in places to level it...
what its ended up with is a tile laminate, and no levelling ::)
the stuff would have sorted that problem no worries...
just a shame you cant just nip down the merchants and buy a fews bags/colours etc...

even the mono has cottoned on to it and theres lads doing 'brick effect' in mono yes? bit of luck they'll be producing something similar for the floors complete with stencils/patterns etc...

give it time and I personally think youll be looking at more than you thought possible within the next few years, might not be the stuff were on about, but something similar...

Chris W said:
the gear is good stuff, has its applications, and to be honest I could have done maybe 15 jobs with it without looking for it...
the problem is that the supplier has the sole distribution rights in the uk so its pretty much shot itself in the foot... its just too much hassle imo....
I was on my mates job the other week, could have had the kitchen floor and the fireplace no worries at all, specially since the kitchen floor needed something like 25mm in places to level it...
just a shame you cant just nip down the merchants and buy a fews bags/colours etc...

even the mono has cottoned on to it and theres lads doing 'brick effect' in mono yes? bit of luck they'll be producing something similar for the floors complete with stencils/patterns etc...

give it time and I personally think youll be looking at more than you thought possible within the next few years, might not be the stuff were on about, but something similar...

What he said ;)

I can still see its uses but its a bit of a monopoly at the moment...

I would have done the course and frankly the best thing that has happened is that he is no longer on here... my life is a whole lot less stressful

Danny

has anyone ever hovered there mouse over the little green bar underneath there reputation power ? Just noticed Steves ;D

Chris W said:

Believe it or not Chris ( i wasnt look for an argument this time ) I was interested to see if anyone had made a succuess of it, as you know I was a little vocal on the subject.

I think its more of 'another string' tbh...
If I'd done the jobs Ive seen where I could have used it, I would have called that a success providing I got paid ;D
like I said, restricting its availability hasnt done the product any favours... quite the opposite imo...
now the mono companies have got hold of the idea we'll just have to wait and see what comes out the mixing tub..
seems to me that as long as they can virtually guarantee good results with the minimum of training and effort theyre onto a winner - hence the 'quickbrick' style done in mono, peice of p'ss...
ever seen 'saturday kitchen'? be interested to find out what that stuff is on the back wall... gonna be one of em...
just aint bothered to colour it, its all just matt grey...

Yep I think it will take off eventually but there needs to be readily available materials first

Danny

nelly said:
What is this thread about?

Its about something that would answer the question on the thread you started, its a printed concrete and i still think its the dogs (french word)

=======
This is danny - I have removed the product name as I feel that I dont want promote it in any way shape or form
=======

flynnyman said:
nelly said:
What is this thread about?

Its about something that would answer the question on the thread you started, its a printed concrete and i still think its the dogs (french word)

=======
This is danny - I have removed the product name as I feel that I dont want promote it in any way shape or form
=======

thought that when i typed it i will send nelly a message :)

Status
Not open for further replies.