185sqm ceiling help

Members online

Steve1986

Hi guys been plastering for 14yrs nowt much bothers me size wise up to now!! Got a 185sqm ceiling for a very important client passed me work for years and plenty of it he's now bought himself a stupidly big house and the main kitchen is huge fresh plaster board flat as u could wish for thanks to the awesome joiner it's now time for me to skim it but been me and only my apprentice I'm a bit unsure how to tackle it any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi guys been plastering for 14yrs nowt much bothers me size wise up to now!! Got a 185sqm ceiling for a very important client passed me work for years and plenty of it he's now bought himself a stupidly big house and the main kitchen is huge fresh plaster board flat as u could wish for thanks to the awesome joiner it's now time for me to skim it but been me and only my apprentice I'm a bit unsure how to tackle it any advice would be greatly appreciated
Get some extra men in[emoji106]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If u cant find help just cut It off into 3 sections or watever u can handle..run a length of scrim where ur stopping and on ur last trowel peel off the scrim this leaves the right depth of wat ur going to patch bk into..u cant go wrong patching in like that

If u cant find help just cut It off into 3 sections or watever u can handle..run a length of scrim where ur stopping and on ur last trowel peel off the scrim this leaves the right depth of wat ur going to patch bk into..u cant go wrong patching in like that

First time I did this was on a big open plan bungalow, was prepared to ames it after but when it was painted you couldn't tell where it was .

Where are you based pal?? i'l bet there are a couple of decent lads on here who may be able to give you a lift??

lol extratime, its sixty odd boards to skim with a lad, not likely to be done in one hit unless he gets the men in or split it into manageable pieces even then its 18 bags

OK...you only have 2 choices but surely you know this already!

A) Spread amount your comfy at for each gauge and blend/scrim and blend.

B) Get x amount of spreads for 1 hit.

Which ever way you go there needs to be a hell if a lot of money involved to cover your costs.

IMO that's a once in a lifetime sort of measurement on a ceiling.