2 days scratch @ dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonst64

drove past a house the other week and there was a gang scratching on the gable end in the rain,
went past it the day after and they were f<cking dashing it !!!!!!!! :-0.
would anyone else chance it ?????

we all get caught out sometimes,

but personally if the weather and forecast look bad i would leave it for another day

sorry should have said it was a fine day when they dashed it, its the thought of dashing over the scratch b4 its had time to fully cure that i dont fancy:RpS_unsure:

Priced a Krend job the other week and never got it coz another gang has started it, quite a big job. They have been scratching it of a ladder coz its scratched and ive not seen a scaffold hmmmmmmmmmmmm and im not sure but they may have scratched it with sand and cement but could be wrong. It will be interesting to see the finish if they do it all off a ladder i will be keeping an eye on and yes im bitter lol

The guy asked me for a base coat and mesh which pushed the price up, i also didnt price for a scaff coz he was gonna get it. If its all done in sand and cement it will be a bit annoying coz i never got a chance to price s & c but we will see. They dont seem to have beaded up yet but maybe they will do it in their topcoat but how the **** are they gonna do a k rend of a ladder hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fcuck these mugs mate let them have it you cant compete against that nonsense. Mancs or Poles?

Fcuck these mugs mate let them have it you cant compete against that nonsense. Mancs or Poles?

They seem like a decent outfit ive seen some of their work and they are good and they are not mancs coz they only had small trowels ;) seems a good idea scratching off ladders then get a scaff probably save a few hundred quid but **** that lol but i may be wrong and they have their own scaff and moved it around.

you may aswell start using the old cripples and a plank :RpS_scared:, am glad they were on the way out when i started spreading:RpS_thumbup:

each to their own as they say:RpS_thumbup:, still wouldnt take the chance on an old sandstone gable like they did..

havnt seen anyone using them up here in years,, think you would upset the HSE bods if they saw you lucius:RpS_biggrin:

and b4 anyone says owt,,,,,,, i ment the old 1 plank no hand rail jobs..

Last edited:
I worked off cripples once Ian - fell off once as well. On the bright side I got a double whiskey out of it:RpS_thumbup:

I used to use a couple of lads years ago, dashing the speciality only worked of cripples, its easy you come down the wall no puddys in the way and no lines.Cant remember the blokes name now but was a proper Yid and got in loads of trouble with England And Spurs, Grand might know him about his age, stocky fellow with pony tail.

Priced a Krend job the other week and never got it coz another gang has started it, quite a big job. They have been scratching it of a ladder coz its scratched and ive not seen a scaffold hmmmmmmmmmmmm and im not sure but they may have scratched it with sand and cement but could be wrong. It will be interesting to see the finish if they do it all off a ladder i will be keeping an eye on and yes im bitter lol

Drove past today and they are topping it with sand and cement grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i F*****g hate pricing a job and they get it done a complete opposite way and dont ask for a price, It would of been atleast half the price and yes i hope it cracks, and yes im bitter.

thats 1 of the reasons al :RpS_thumbup:, also the amount of weight sitting on the f>cked sandstone, i understand that eveyone has their own way of doing things and good on them. i always prefer to give sandstone a splatter dash 1st,
but im sure we have all seen some 1 doing summet on a job and have thought fking hell wot a chancer !!
i dont suppose this thread will get many more comments :RpS_blink: as all the bases seem to have been covered :RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.