6 lads built this house and same next door.

algeeman

It’s A Boy
except for the plumbsparks and me skimming .....they built it between them.

makes me kinda feel useless !!!!!

Attachments

• 20170530_171048.jpg
    20170530_171048.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 431
  • 20170530_171108.jpg
    20170530_171108.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 364
  • 20170530_171229.jpg
    20170530_171229.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 391
  • 20170530_171205.jpg
    20170530_171205.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 373
Its not rocket science though is it :D

If you can do all aspects its a case of doing it all in the right order and the you are good :D

Does look good as well :D

Looks good but the lintel bottom right looks off centre that would do me in every time I looked at it

If its their first time doing stone work that aint bad. Few issues with the bottom lintel not being set same distance on both sides, few up right stones which i hate however if its a first time, fair play to them. They managed to stick to 95% 2 on 1 1 on 2 , 2 besde 2 etc.. I know masons who are doing it 30 years(or so they say) and they wouldnt leave it like this.

As for 6 men built it. Max 5 was on mine the whole build with me doing 75% of the work. Wasnt easy but im busting to do it all over again because with the knowledge i have now compared to my early 20s ill build a far superior house. Infact, its doing my head in im not doing it yet. As for them who built this, do they build and sell?

If its their first time doing stone work that aint bad. Few issues with the bottom lintel not being set same distance on both sides, few up right stones which i hate however if its a first time, fair play to them. They managed to stick to 95% 2 on 1 1 on 2 , 2 besde 2 etc.. I know masons who are doing it 30 years(or so they say) and they wouldnt leave it like this.

As for 6 men built it. Max 5 was on mine the whole build with me doing 75% of the work. Wasnt easy but im busting to do it all over again because with the knowledge i have now compared to my early 20s ill build a far superior house. Infact, its doing my head in im not doing it yet. As for them who built this, do they build and sell?

ye they sold this 1 and the next door £450.000 each.
there always busy.

ye they sold this 1 and the next door £450.000 each.
there always busy.

that was my plan here in the boom. Im near sure all mine cost me 80-100k (site included and it was worth 345k at the height of the boom. Was hoping to sell tax free and start building like this. One for private residence and one (or 2) as a builder. Recession hit and destroyed this place and still hasnt recovered properly. Still in my head to sell thou and build again bt the planning system is f**k*d here now so thats kind of put me off.

that was my plan here in the boom. Im near sure all mine cost me 80-100k (site included and it was worth 345k at the height of the boom. Was hoping to sell tax free and start building like this. One for private residence and one (or 2) as a builder. Recession hit and destroyed this place and still hasnt recovered properly. Still in my head to sell thou and build again bt the planning system is f**k*d here now so thats kind of put me off.

i done a full refurb on our house....enjoyed it at first but soon became expensive and time consuming.

building from the start if you have the experience fair play to you hail.
id go for it and try it again ....you only live once.
everybit of land around here is getting built on.