Advice on plastering shower feed pipe.

Hi folks

Am in the process of retiling my bathroom and am looking to fix some of the deeper holes to make level before the new tiles go on.

When removing the tiles over the shower feed and electric supply it has been left like this with the tile across the top. My thought is to add bonding then a light skim for the tile to sit flush on.

View attachment 77755View attachment 77756
Will the plastic water pipe be okay sitting as is in bonding, especially when considering long-term durability and potential for sweating or deterioration of the plaster? I'm exploring options like encasing it inside a 22mm pipe before the plaster, but I'd appreciate any insights or experiences with this. Also, if anyone has used such methods and could share their feedback or recommendations, it would be really helpful. Additionally, if you have any tips or Bath Planet reviews related to similar plumbing concerns, that would be valuable information too. Thanks!

Thanks for any advice
We've recently had central heating installed, leaving some exposed pipes in wall chases. What's the recommended approach for plastering over them? Should they be covered with a material that accommodates expansion, or is it suitable to solid plaster over them using sand cement, or lime?

go to bed
IMG_0562.jpeg

We've recently had central heating installed, leaving some exposed pipes in wall chases. What's the recommended approach for plastering over them? Should they be covered with a material that accommodates expansion, or is it suitable to solid plaster over them using sand cement, or lime?

I’ve used 6mm hardiebacker before. Stick it on the edges with tile adhesive, and screw and plug it as well. SBR it and do a bit of a scratch coat with the addy. Finish it off with your choice of plaster.