airless spray units

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this level 5 thing is an American standard and not used over here Tony.

Companies like USG and Toupret are trying to push it over here. I've never been asked for level 5. Why would you pay more for that than for skim?
I finish most of my jobs to a level 4 which is taped, sanded and sealed. You can obtain a level 5 with the addition of a self levelling coating such as USG Tuffhide, which is a spray applied highbuild paint type product that sets pretty hard.

That level 5 thing Spunk is the top finish achievable with tape and joint but as Tony says why go to that bother when it can be done far easier with skim, i think they shine a light along it to check its flat.

Make money paint and plaster spraying

Paint spraying is the way that painters work most of the time in houses around the developed world, from North America to Australia, including the Continent. In the UK we are just catching up, so if it does'nt work for you there's something wrong, and you need to find out how to do it and start making good money. I say this as the company that started British painters spraying paint over 25 years ago when nobody did it, but now we know many painters who use their spray equipment almost every day. About plaster spraying, this is a market that we are trying to develop in this country, but this is not a new idea; if you go to a German building site that's what they do. The UK market for plaster spraying will be worth a fortune because most of it is skimming dry lining that is quick and easy with the right plaster sprayer and a Parfait Liss spatula, and as someone else remarked, they key is to use pre-mixed plaster in a plastic bag or tub, then you can leave it in the sprayer between jobs, so no clean-up, no mess and very little waste. Plasterers that spray it, say that they can skim dry lining at least 5 times faster than using a float.

There are some big paint sprayers that will also spray smooth plaster, but if you want to just spray paint then you can start with as little as £ 1,000 for a small airless sprayer with gun and paint hose, but as always, you get what you pay for, so we suggest a Graco 495 StMax II which will last for years and you can buy a new one for less than £ 2,000. A big investment yes, but big returns if you know how to use it, plus have the proper masking tape and film dispensers. Simple airless will not spray textured paint; we have equipment that will spray it but you need compressed air to blast the material into a spray.

At Lion Industries we are here to help. It was our mission to develop the paint spray market and that is now taking off with plenty of competition, but please beware of cheap DIY imports. Now we are developing the plaster spraying market and we have different types of plaster sprayer in stock, including the HAMA worm drive machines that have been used for generations on the Continent, as well as the newer Graco plaster sprayers, plus the Parfait Liss spatulas that come from France. Have a look at our website www.lionindustries.co.uk

s*p*r*lex = Parfait Liss spatula

wonder if they are cheaper

Last edited by a moderator:
oooh 'homogenous' and ergonomic in the same sentence, the sheer level of syllables has left me flummoxed!
But what i wanna know is are these any good for flatting off multi? that spat on a pole looks cushdy.. i got some big lids to do in the next couple of weeks.

yep your welcome to have a look at ours if your up are way

where in kent are you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.