Anybody used this Carlite finish?

Staff online

Members online

Anybody used this Carlite finish?

I've been using the standard red bagged Carlite the last couple days, finding it tearing and dragging a lot, needing a lot more water than multi, glad I've got the mediflex!

Timings are definitely different, I don't think it's better than multi yet and that's saying something!

Doing my kitchen ceiling as had a pipe leak during the week.

Attachments

• Anybody used this Carlite finish?
    IMG_20200606_120705.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 225
I've been using the standard red bagged Carlite the last couple days, finding it tearing and dragging a lot, needing a lot more water than multi, glad I've got the mediflex!

Timings are definitely different, I don't think it's better than multi yet and that's saying something!

I’ve had it tear up a bit in odd patch’s not all over. I think it’s better trowelled up when it’s a set a bit more than you would normally do, with more water.

used it today, it hangs a lot longer than pink but ideal if you have a load to go at.
The ultra goes in quicker I am going to mix up 50/50 in same tub tomorrow and see how it performs.
just need to adjust timings a bit. I think it is made for the Irish so more laid back @johniosaif ?

used it today, it hangs a lot longer than pink but ideal if you have a load to go at.
The ultra goes in quicker I am going to mix up 50/50 in same tub tomorrow and see how it performs.
just need to adjust timings a bit. I think it is made for the Irish so more laid back @johniosaif ?
I haven’t worked in Ireland since the mid 80s , this finish wasn’t about then

I haven’t worked in Ireland since the mid 80s , this finish wasn’t about then
When I worked in a Galway site in 85 , there was outside full time renderers and internal full time float and set gangs , they were great tradesmen, bizarrely there was an English clerk of works , he wore a suit and bowler hat , probably a QS , the guys told me he never spoke a word to anyone in 10 years ,

When I worked in a Galway site in 85 , there was outside full time renderers and internal full time float and set gangs , they were great tradesmen, bizarrely there was an English clerk of works , he wore a suit and bowler hat , probably a QS , the guys told me he never spoke a word to anyone in 10 years ,
I remember him he was deaf and dumb

Just got twenty bags today, will let you know what it’s like when I use it got a good use by date though 30th November. Bear in mind I use carbon steel and not stainless though so may find it easier going than those that use stainless