Apprentices....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leverpuller

Just wondering if it's as bad for plasterers as plant op's.

I've been driving for a year, have all the qualifications. I just need a year or so alongside a groundworker who know's what's what but does'nt want to drive a digger.

Yet no one want's to take on a apprentice or someone for a couple quid less than a normal driver. I'm not stupid and can keep up with a fleet of dumpers, but people seem to want about 2 years experince. Which means annoyingly that everyone rings me and askes if I can drive a poxy forklift for them :RpS_bored:

So why aren't people up for apprentices. I know alot can be a complete waste of time money and space. But people must realise that if they don't then in 10 years time the'll be very few trades left.... and I'll be on a extorsionat amount as I have 11 years experince :RpS_thumbsup:

apprentices are hard work for the employer... lots of paper work and lots of head aches...

I struggled to get experience and and apprenticeship was a lost cause...

But what can we do???

Its what sucsesive goverments have done fcuk the whole system up, no need for Aprentices nowadays we have Eastern Europeans,ive been driving machines for years when you had to have muscles to drive a Drott and aJCB was just a tractor with a few added extras, my mate got a ticket last year and says it aint worth it he reckons he was earning the same as a Mongolian goat herder

ive been driving machines for years when you had to have muscles to drive a Drott and aJCB was just a tractor with a few added extras, my mate got a ticket last year and says it aint worth it he reckons he was earning the same as a Mongolian goat herder

I was raised on those machines. By own machine is a Lovely JD 450A Drott and I often Drive a ford 555 wheeldigger.

The money for drivers in the UK is shite, the ticket system is shiter. Does'nt bother me as I intend to go abroard soon :RpS_thumbup:

M

lucius has said it in one there is no shortage of labour in this country if anything we are over subscribed.

The problem with taking a lad on, is in a couple of years they think there all that and a bag of chips and competeing for your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.