1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Are Quick Plastering Courses Worth It?

Discussion in 'Plastering Courses And Plastering Training Schools' started by Dean Rosco, Dec 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Arti

Arti Private Member

you have to use the term Asian Eye these days marra.............or its 6 to 10 in the pen

• Funny Funny x 5
  2. Gevo

Gevo Member

Come back when you been doing it 40yrs

• Like Like x 1
  3. kebab king

kebab king Private Member

If everyone did that theyd only be 2 members on the Forum Mt

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

Ok, but I will have been retired for 15 years so does that count as 40 or only 25?

5. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

And you will be long dead by then

6. kebab king

I appreciate age brings wisdom, but the amount of s**t work ive seen by old School Spreads is appaling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

Good chat anyway gevo(y)

8. Gevo

Gevo Member

Please god you last that long let alone making a successful business like I have 6 weeks it’s great on here

9. Gevo

Gevo Member

Don’t put me in that category I have seen young & old quality plasterers also the same that I wouldn’t have cleaning my tools for every 10 plasterers that I have ever employed its normally about 2 of them are what I would call decent you don’t stay in business with the type of work we do for 40yrs I wish you all the best with your kebab shop

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. kebab king

I`m not labelling, just saying that expeierence doesnt mean your work is 100%, not saying yours isnt. But if you do a 6 week course you would know if you have the want and ability to do it, not that you know it all, we all learn everyday.

11. kebab king

My Kebab Shop is doing a Roaring Trade, thank you very much.

12. Gevo

Gevo Member

Do you deliver to Kent I am hungry lol

13. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

Someone always comes on their period when I mention goldtrowel. That 6 weeks pays my bills and looks after my own that's all I'm bothered about

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Gevo

Gevo Member

I wish you all the best & luck in the world but there is a lot lot more to learn as you will see yourself try & get with a good tradesmen and you will learn a lot I am time served and still learning after 40yrs keep going the harder you work the luckier you get

15. Simon85

Simon85 Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. JessThePlasterer

JessThePlasterer Well-Known Member

@Gevo are you naked in your avatar? If so, are you drunk? If not.... what is your excuse?!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Gevo

Gevo Member

Lol Jess it was a long day that’s 225lb of prime plasterer there not naked lol

18. Gevo

Gevo Member

It wasn’t Friday so not drunk

19. kebab king

Normally yes, but you look like a fat ugly cant, so not tonight.

• Funny Funny x 5
  20. Fatarm

Fatarm Trainee mod

:LOL:

21. Gevo

Gevo Member

There are plenty of cants on here kebab can’t and you are definitely 100% can’t
    And lay off the chilly sauce i

22. kebab king

I know I’m a cant.
    Just seems you are a bigger 1.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  23. Gevo

Gevo Member

Yes but a rich one as well kebab when you have made as much money as me come back and see me pal jog right on

24. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

Oh dear

• Like Like x 2
  25. Gevo

Gevo Member

Well lodan your saw his replies nasty

26. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

They tend to be a bit abrupt on here but you get used it

27. It’s the eyes f**k**g up we can’t see the walls

28. That’s because they are s**t

29. algeeman

algeeman Private Member

@Gevo ..... changed your profile pic sir.
    has any member reported it yet ???

30. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

Makes no odds to me what you think, managed to give me me a new career

• Like Like x 2
  31. It’s not you it’s them, good luck with it but there is so much to learn

32. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

I agree mostly , there was 8 on my course and 6 were as bad when they finished as when they started, me and another lad had a bit of apptitude so did ok, he works in the Falklands , with 6 weeks there's only so much they can do and only the lads with the knack for it will stand a chance

33. I get that but they still take the money from the other six and I just see it as ripping people off. Years ago when they first started I used to post on their forum questioning what they were doing and how they were ripping people off, they never answered just deleted the post so that a
    l feedback was positive

• Like Like x 1
  34. Or all feedback even, curse these crippled fingers

35. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

They do still take the money but that's business, they provide what they say they will, 6 weeks of training that's what I got and 2 years in now and going well, if you charged someone for maths course and it turns out they are s**t at maths who is at fault

• Disagree Disagree x 1