Artex pattern showing under new plaster?

Lukejames101

Hello,

I bought a 1930s house a couple of years ago and all the walls had been newly skimmed. When coming to decorate I found a few small circle textured pattern in random places on one of the walls.

I sanded them out fairly easily. It is only now I am worried it could have been some type of atex underneath and is showing through.

Having said that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gone deep enough to sand the paint and new plater to reach the artex. Exposing myself to potential asbestos dust?

You can vaguely see the pattern on the attached photo. It does not look like any arted I have seen but unsure what else it could be? Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240313_213024_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240313_213024_Photos.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20240313_213030_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240313_213030_Photos.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 70
Hello,

I bought a 1930s house a couple of years ago and all the walls had been newly skimmed. When coming to decorate I found a few small circle textured pattern in random places on one of the walls.

I sanded them out fairly easily. It is only now I am worried it could have been some type of atex underneath and is showing through.

Having said that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gone deep enough to sand the paint and new plater to reach the artex. Exposing myself to potential asbestos dust?

You can vaguely see the pattern on the attached photo. It does not look like any arted I have seen but unsure what else it could be? Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Have a glass of wine and put your feet up

Hello,

Thank you.
Spreads have been scraping and plastering over that shite for 40yrs plus. Does anyone give a toss about us?? Answer is NO everyone just wants their houses smooth and ready to decorate!

Spreads have been scraping and plastering over that shite for 40yrs plus. Does anyone give a toss about us?? Answer is NO everyone just wants their houses smooth and ready to decorate!
From your experience would you say the pattern is artex or is it too uniform? Is there anything else it could potentially be? Paper paint etc...? Thanks.

All I have really is this one. You can make out the pattern just. The circles are around 3 inches with a couple more inside. Really strange, almost like an old wallpaper pattern?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240313_213024_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240313_213024_Photos.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 42