ashlar lines nw1

Members online

Dpettigrew

hi looking for someone with exp doing ashlar line in london area nw1 im going to s&c render just need someone to do lines week starting 4th july message me with price if intressed thanks dan

been plastering 20 yrs but this something ive never done and would rather have somebody who knows what there on with

1466346751407_profile-gallery-image.png

1466346480933_profile-gallery-image.png

That's a job I've done in central London. We used pvc stop beads (very tedious) but the client asked for long lasting edges......:p

Not sure if this is right tho. It takes away the whole character off ashlar fnish. Anyway, if the customer wanted long lasting edges then this is the right way, fair play.What was the mix , if I may ask?

Last edited:
That's cheating surely!!
A proper ashlar job would be free hand

I know that's " cheating", but it got the job done and the client was very happy with the result. And anyways it got sprayed with some acrylic paint.....which covered the stop beads......it looks pretty good and it does match the neighbour's house.....

Scratch coat: 3:1 - Final coat: 4-1, no lime on this one - standard mix. And because it got painted, this time we got away with using stop beads, altough for other jobs I have a refina ashlar tool and a home made one(which is better)......

I admire your patience regard the beading up. I'd have lost the will to live after the 4th or 5th bead lol :birra:

what is the job exactly ? just for the record, rustification is done with oiled battens that have been planed to a slight angle, ashlar is a line pressed into smooth render before it set , both are easy, it just takes a bit of thought setting out
You dont need battens just cut out freehand

what is the job exactly ? just for the record, rustification is done with oiled battens that have been planed to a slight angle, ashlar is a line pressed into smooth render before it set , both are easy, it just takes a bit of thought setting out
We used to do this way up London in the 80s

There is a tolerance (i dont have any mind) as to the method to create the ashlar or quoins? ? Ive seen Robs work sorry tango orange man and its spot on. Any decent spread should be able to do this and defo not one for the "skimmers" :birra: