beads

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha you are right mate i do just spend most of my time thinking, am a sad git me ;D but if nobody thought about things to talk about then there wouldnt be a forum would there? oh and to the other post, no mate i dont feel threatend by times changing etc etc. to be honest mate i have done a fair bit of site work and used to fly through houses using modern techniques, BUT i do recommend that newbis learn the proper way of plastering (the old fashond way) then you can cut corners on the old techniques once you know what you are doing. i know i bang on about running cornice and stuff but i just love it, float and skim / board and skim just gets boring. also if i am going to call myself a plasterer then i would like to think that i can do any aspect of plastering.

also it was not ment to be a question i was just starting a topic mate, allot of guys use beads for everything and dont know any other way, so i was trying to help by offering up new (old) ways. the more ways you know then the easier the job ;)

we have to do hard angles using timber .....drives me mad ...... beads are just so much easier and quicker and certainly a lot stronger on corners then a hard angle , everytime we do hard angles most of them end up damaged before we even leave site ....

sometimes though you can have a bead sitting on a birds nest of material and even a mouses dying breath would move it out of plumb. It takes flipping ages to do and i just think maybe its best to dub out to the battern and stick a neat bead on in a minute for the finishing.

If thats what you were getting at

when i worked in oz 10 years ago,they done all there corner by hand.labour holds edge up then use a bullnose external corner tool to finish.looks cock on but takes longer.also corner tends to get chipped off

If they made every thing to last and not get damaged we'd be ouut a job just remember that.
we all love muppet plumbers that cant fit upstairs showers properly ching ching £££

Status
Not open for further replies.