Best machine on the market

Members online

I certainly am lol:hueco: there has been 6 or 7 big render jobs I'm my town the last year and a bit. Mostly student accommodation, some people have been cleaning up here anyway. I think it's all been hand applied though haven't seen any machines

If you get a machine and get the word out, the work will find you.

It will be slow at first but PFT machines are known to last 20 years plus. My first machine will be 19 years old now and still going. So although the initial outlay is a little daunting it will pay off.

If you get a machine and get the word out, the work will find you.

It will be slow at first but PFT machines are known to last 20 years plus. My first machine will be 19 years old now and still going. So although the initial outlay is a little daunting it will pay off.
Absolutely, it's just taking the plunge and using the gear too. It's almost like unifinish for me it's just not being sure of the material. S&C is a safe bet. And the boy I served my time with is now 60 and still work with occasionally, well as little as possible lol, grumpy old shite. Won't touch the stuff.

Absolutely, it's just taking the plunge and using the gear too. It's almost like unifinish for me it's just not being sure of the material. S&C is a safe bet. And the boy I served my time with is now 60 and still work with occasionally, well as little as possible lol, grumpy old shite. Won't touch the stuff.
You knocking the old boy
14448949_1715827672072954_6686158225476563123_n.jpg

It's bobby being.a knob again I'm used to it now along with the f**k**g muddy puddle peppa pig mixing regime
Not sure what your on about gregg
The machines are the way forward
If your happy pushing s&c up the wall there's nothing wrong with that
Chill out pal[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am the same mate, work with my dad who won't even look at the modern material. Although there's hardly any rendering here, i'd say 99% roughcast on houses, bigger projects like hotels or schools are usally part render with cladding of some sort.

I am the same mate, work with my dad who won't even look at the modern material. Although there's hardly any rendering here, i'd say 99% roughcast on houses, bigger projects like hotels or schools are usally part render with cladding of some sort.
U can do roughcast with the ritmo

Yeah they just aren't keen and the boy who taught me keeps saying the stuff isn't designed for the extreme weather we get. But that's his uneducated opinions. I'm still not sure in it but all I know every single new build I. St. Andrews in the last few yearsfrom single house to site has been rendered and got to move with the times, even though I might be wrong here and get shot Down very quickly but I just Re-roughcasted my Mrs uncles house and priced up render scratching it and dash receiver and it was more expensive than S&C but we are definitely missing the trick

Y
you ever work this side of the bridge?

Haha I would never do that, he may be old but he is a hard old grumpy shite, he threw a 15l pale half full of chips at me on the second lift of a scaffolding felt the whizz by my lug and the piss running down my leg lol. The funny thing was it wasn't even me who pissed him off

Sounds a bit like me to work with except I pride myself on doing any rendering except wet dash, hate that stuff.

With enthusiasm, you will master the modern ways. You need a labourer who is prepared to learn how to use the machine as that will be his domain. When it goes wrong and it will, he will need to know how to sort it as you try to rescue the wall.

There are plenty of machine users on here who can advise and you can learn loads off youtube. Once you get established the young competition around you will want to compete but you by then will have a name and the experience they will need to aquire.

If dry dash is the more popular then you can spray the dashing grade renders with colours.

If you can afford it take a day or two off and work with a machine gang. I spent a couple of days with a gang and often still go and spend the odd day to learn new techniques.

If plain faced renders are popular up your way then spraying ocr is simple and fast.

Save your joints, let the machine put it on for you.

Yeah they just aren't keen and the boy who taught me keeps saying the stuff isn't designed for the extreme weather we get. But that's his uneducated opinions. I'm still not sure in it but all I know every single new build I. St. Andrews in the last few yearsfrom single house to site has been rendered and got to move with the times, even though I might be wrong here and get shot Down very quickly but I just Re-roughcasted my Mrs uncles house and priced up render scratching it and dash receiver and it was more expensive than S&C but we are definitely missing the trick
Theres always going to be guys who don't like or want change. In fairness with all his experience he may aswell stick to what he knows. He likely cruises through a days plastering with litle to no problems because hes been there and done it.
The modern materials and machines wont be going anywhere either.their here to stay now

You are right about the costs, no way a builder would pay me to use dash receivers and base coats, I can see it working out better going over existing as you can go over in one coat, saving on labour times. I'm very rarely as far as St Andrews but do quite a bit in tayport, newport and wormit.

I'm a newbie used ocr through machine last week was nice to spray it on and did save my short arse friend lugging buckets up gable end , marshy got a point though did think I could of done sand and cement scratch coat and finish coat in roughly same day time as we put rend aid on one day then ocr on another day.
Machine definitely took 90% of the labour out of it though which for cost of second hand machine was worth it already..
@Marshy wanted to ask how did it come about you and others ended up in Germany in the 90s any how? Did you live there or was asked to go over ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a newbie used ocr through machine last week was nice to spray it on and did save my short arse friend lugging buckets up gable end , marshy got a point though did think I could of done sand and cement scratch coat and finish coat in roughly same day time as we put rend aid on one day then ocr on another day.
Machine definitely took 90% of the labour out of it though which for cost of second hand machine was worth it already..
@Marshy wanted to ask how did it come about you and others ended up in Germany in the 90s any how? Did you live there or was asked to go over ?
I went for 3 weeks in 1992 and stayed 8 years I loved the place and only came back in 2000 as they started the euro and the economy crashed and building work ground to a halt so I came home bit gutted so started up on my own and never looked back

Quite a few brickies I worked with went over. 50/50 split on who loved it and who hated it. Had the chance to go but I had a young family and was still loved up with the ex!