best price for gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARFLY

is wickes the cheapest place at the moment for gear? u can get 5 bags of multi or board for around £18. in b and q you've got to buy 10 bags for any kind of discount! what's the most expensive place? i was in homebase a few weeks ago and i'm sure they were selling multi for about 5 or 6 quid! they're giving trade cheque books out at wickes at the moment - all kinds of discounts through december. 20% off 8ft boards etc. not sure if u can only use your "cheque" once, though. 50% off all hitachi tools!

BARFLY said:
is wickes the cheapest place at the moment for gear? u can get 5 bags of multi or board for around £18. in b and q you've got to buy 10 bags for any kind of discount! what's the most expensive place? i was in homebase a few weeks ago and i'm sure they were selling multi for about 5 or 6 quid! they're giving trade cheque books out at wickes at the moment - all kinds of discounts through december. 20% off 8ft boards etc. not sure if u can only use your "cheque" once, though. 50% off all hitachi tools!

Wickes all the way for me. Same price as B&Q for multi unless you buy 5 then you save!

definately. and b and q dont do hardwall. plus wickes do good buckets for 99p ffs - not like them crap orange ones from b and q. and the float beads are cheaper.

whats keyline? a regional merchant? sorry, mate, i'm on the wirral and never heard of them. we've got hews gray up here. they're not too bad on the gear but when u start adding beads, buckets drywalls etc it can get costly. then again, like u say, it's where ever is handy.

yeah its a builders merchants.... costs more but i hate driving and keyline is on my door step, i go to wickes and b&Q on sundays to buy wba and stuff that i dont need

wickes are doing an 18 inch stainless for 15 quid - in some sort of laquered coating. but that wont last long.

and their plastic hawk for a tenner is the best i've ever had. it's flexible - u just bend it a touch and all the crap just falls off. could never go back to a marshalltown. too heavy.

I buy everything from wickes now...prices are spot on. I don't bother with me local builders merchants 'bradfords' anymore seriously pissed off with getting ripped off all the time. The final straw was recently when they charged me £12 per stainless steel external angle bead...i argued with the guy for ages saying that the price was to high, he said he had given me a 40% discount already. b*llsh*t. Same guy charged me £20 for a tarp and £4.99 for a bucket?. compare that to wickes £6.84 for stainless steel angle bead!!!!! they seem to sort plasterers out with good prices :)))

Only thing i buy from BM now is sand.

I don't buy silicone/foam etc from Wickes to expensive unless on offer usually get that from local plastics/windows company.

Don't know about the cheapest i usualy use b&q but the most expensive is Jewsons, Robbing bast*rds last time i went in for 1 bag of bonding and they charged something stupid like £7 plus vat! C*nts!

Jewson do take the piss with prices. We use Keyline a lot they're part of Travis Perkins, Multi for £3.10 + vat which is almost as good as B&Q. Whats with the stainless steel beads? we use galvs and they cost about 50p each, never had any problems with them.

Peg said:
Jewson do take the piss with prices. We use Keyline a lot they're part of Travis Perkins, Multi for £3.10 + vat which is almost as good as B&Q. Whats with the stainless steel beads? we use galvs and they cost about 50p each, never had any problems with them.
i think its all you con use outside mate,that or plastic.

never ever use galve on external use plastic or stainless and youll have no comebacks there is nothing worse than a job where the beads are rusting

as murph says , galv should NEVER be used on external work, as it will rust in a few years....if its pvc plastic, if it not s/s

Status
Not open for further replies.