Biggish ceiling

ankers

Got a couple of 32sqm ceilings coming up on fresh board pretty square room. Im going to do rolling set and use cream of tartar with lab but i still feel a bit nervous im in stilts too. Should i just go for it or get someone in to help?

Never be afraid to ask for help on a big set, also a bit of pva on the boards will cut some suction out

Go for it, if you're struggling, treat it as two ceilings. Scratch on what you can, flatten, knock up enough to lay in and put the rest on, then knock up a little more to lay in the other bit of ceiling. That way you have a big ceiling what going off at two separate times.

On ceilings like that I get the lab to start running over the gear with the eze spat on the pole whilst I am still applying.... by the time I have it on its all had a flatten...... so he start washing the tools and getting ready for the 2nd mix/coat as I sort the corners etc.... then same for the 2nd coat.....

Only you know your capabilities.
So you will get range of answers but I'm guessing the fact your asking answers your question :sisi:

Only you know your capabilities.
So you will get range of answers but I'm guessing the fact your asking answers your question :sisi:
I think i can manage it just seeing if anyone else thinks its a reasonable gauge or would they do it comfortably

I think i can manage it just seeing if anyone else thinks its a reasonable gauge or would they do it comfortably
Its a how longs a piece of string question tbh pal..32m2 for me id have it on,flattened then Id go for a quick wank,have a s**t,have a brew,have a chat,go to shop then id finish it..its feck all only u know wat ur capable of

Its a how longs a piece of string question tbh pal..32m2 for me id have it on,flattened then Id go for a quick wank,have a s**t,have a brew,have a chat,go to shop then id finish it..its feck all only u know wat ur capable of
Do you have the wank and the s**t at the same time or do you keep them seperate?

just mix in smaller bucket and place on your spot and stand in an order of use then the finish is not all going off at the same time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,old skoooooooool(y)

OK...likeive said on here since day 1... You never here of plumbers or electricians bragging about how quick installed boilers or fuse board s etc..

The most important skill you can ever learn in skimming us flawless blending then you only have to put on what comfy..

If insure put half on make it petfect!!!

Go home nice and early return and pit second half on perfect again and blended..

Charge according and do a perfect job!!!!

Leave the heroes for the pub and the graveyard!!!

OK...likeive said on here since day 1... You never here of plumbers or electricians bragging about how quick installed boilers or fuse board s etc..

The most important skill you can ever learn in skimming us flawless blending then you only have to put on what comfy..

Go home nice and early return and pit second half on perfect again and blended..

Exactly mate I've done the site work float 50 bags and then set it in one day in a gang I don't want that no more I just wanna leave a good job and have no comebacks at all I moved in to domestic in the recession and got sort of stuck in it so won't go back I ain't lazy just found I can focus on quality instead of quantity now I have respect for those on site but can't see myself going back down that route again

Tbf zombie 32m2 isn't for heroes lol..its barely 2 and Half bags and its a square room AND he's on stilts AND its on new plasterboard

Exactly mate I've done the site work float 50 bags and then set it in one day in a gang I don't want that no more I just wanna leave a good job and have no comebacks at all I moved in to domestic in the recession and got sort of stuck in it so won't go back I ain't lazy just found I can focus on quality instead of quantity now I have respect for those on site but can't see myself going back down that route again
Y do people think m2 eaters dont leave quality? I'm a m2 eater and we leave a nice job as gud as sum1 who wud take it easy

Y do people think m2 eaters dont leave quality? I'm a m2 eater and we leave a nice job as gud as sum1 who wud take it easy
Mate I've worked with a meter eater and he is class I never doubted the quality but find it is a Lil bit better with how I do jobs myself if you can knock it out leave a good job fair play but like site or domestic there is always a s**t spread I just found on domestic I can not do as much earn probably the same as you but don't do the meterage

Tbf zombie 32m2 isn't for heroes lol..its barely 2 and Half bags and its a square room AND he's on stilts AND its on new plasterboard

Your missing my point kitchy I also would feel comfy knocking it out...however if he isn't then so be it...just leave a perfect job...however is needed end of..

In neatly 20 yrs of plastering all I have learnt is that 99% of plasterers are dickheads and leave sub standard work...

Ref price work etc that's just a different animal...but yeah totaly agree there's them that can and them that can't...

My point being. If he's already asking the question then its obviously t much for him in 1 hit...no shame that's life were all different!!!

Mate I've worked with a meter eater and he is class I never doubted the quality but find it is a Lil bit better with how I do jobs myself if you can knock it out leave a good job fair play but like site or domestic there is always a s**t spread I just found on domestic I can not do as much earn probably the same as you but don't do the meterage
We prob work 32 hours a week and we earn very very well..and prob have a couple of coffees a day and still churn the m2 out..i worked harder 5 years ago with experience it becomes easier

Your missing my point kitchy I also would feel comfy knocking it out...however if he isn't then so be it...just leave a perfect job...however is needed end of..

In neatly 20 yrs of plastering all I have learnt is that 99% of plasterers are dickheads and leave sub standard work...

Ref price work etc that's just a different animal...but yeah totaly agree there's them that can and them that can't...

My point being. If he's already asking the question then its obviously t much for him in 1 hit...no shame that's life were all different!!!
That's wat I said earlier in thread zombie I said to him uve answeared ur own question

Split it if you have to with a bit of scrim and pull it off towards the end of trowelling up first half.

Ive split a fee ceilings, for various reasons, ones not even that big but awqward and around units, or where is over horrible artex with boarding all over the shot!

32m is about my max and that'd be over board work at 2.2-2.4m height in a pretty square room! Having a labourer makes a difference though so you should manage fine as long as you stay relaxed dude and keep moving! Dont get stuck in one spot for long.

Always do the scrim thing wen patching in,in feathers in lovely that way as u know ur not guna have any bumps on ur joint line as scrim keeps it the same depth

Used this method last year on a skeiling 35m2 going from hop up to steps to mini scaffold in 43-46c lab never showed prob more sense than me,
Anyhow worked well (y)

Spreads are well known for bragging and banter...it's what we do.
So stop being a wuss and just get it on...
Push yourself man!:bailando:

Last edited:
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but whatever.

If you can't put on a 30sqm square ceiling on to new boards you ain't a plasterer yet kid, you're an improver. Having a lab is a luxury, is rather knock up myself and take all the burger money :D

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but whatever.

If you can't put on a 30sqm square ceiling on to new boards you ain't a plasterer yet kid, you're an improver. Having a lab is a luxury, is rather knock up myself and take all the burger money :D
You've started sumat now pal lol..

It's true. People bang on about quality blah blah. I tacked and set a 40sqm lid in a day last week with no lab... And i don't consider myself to be the nuts or soecifically quick, hell 2 of my subbies make me look like a right slouch.

When I was learning my boss always told me until you can knock up and chuck a 30 sqm lid on by yourself you're not fit to be called a plasterer. He was the best tradesmen I've ever seen and taught me all I know so I trust his judgement !!! its only 3 bags and it's boarded out. Can of man the f up needed