Bonding paint to Plastered Surfaces

andy_lasers

Greetings,

Around 35 years ago I put artex in my bathroom, to help the artex stick to the surface I used a bonding agent. It was a clear waterlike sollution.

Anyone know what it is called, or recommend some product that helps to bond new coatings to old surfaces.

The reason is I have a house that was skimmed on external walls and then painted. I tried to put a new paint over the existing paint but it refuses to stay and after a few weeks it starts to peel off.

My thinking is it needs something added first to allow the new paint to bond. And I remember this sollution from years ago used for artex.

Greetings,

Around 35 years ago I put artex in my bathroom, to help the artex stick to the surface I used a bonding agent. It was a clear waterlike sollution.

Anyone know what it is called, or recommend some product that helps to bond new coatings to old surfaces.

The reason is I have a house that was skimmed on external walls and then painted. I tried to put a new paint over the existing paint but it refuses to stay and after a few weeks it starts to peel off.

My thinking is it needs something added first to allow the new paint to bond. And I remember this sollution from years ago used for artex.
@lurpak