Brushes and Moulds!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cademan

Hi all, not been on for few months now, hope everyone well! Summer finally here for a couple of weeks lol:RpS_cool:
Does anybody know where to source patterning brushes for render(in particular long haired). Also never been able to source moldings for things like flowers, Tudor roses, lions heads, numbers, letters etc etc so any advice greatly appreciated
many thanks, cade

the moulds that we have had where carved by a joiner , you need them to be cut in a hardwood that will not split. they are a pain to cut as it all has to be cut in reverse, pushing putty into the cut to check if the cut is correct.
i do have a long haired brush, like a block brush but i have never used it. what type of stipple finish are you trying to achieve?

hi malc, its for more of a patted brush finish rather than stipple. normal paint brushes do not seem to have enough length to create a more detailed pattern. Years ago i bought a wooden handle brush with two straw bunches which was perfect (Cannot for the life of me remember the name of the brush) but cannot find where to get them now. just need a stockist

i have got a grass brush ,but it was bloody hard to get! in the end it from a old spread who had some. might be able to get another if you still need it?

Hello.
They're called double knot brushes and you can get them at ridgeons.
When you're doing the brushwork be careful you don't create patterns in it. It's actually quite difficult to produce a random pattern.
But once you've mastered it you'll be able to cover a lot of meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.