can anybody recommend a ewi fitter in lancashire?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4lkk

We have a prefab house, end house so 3 walls that need doing, i have rang a couple of numbers but n luck so far, thanks adam

One more question whilst iam here, can you get a render that is 100% waterproof?
I am just after a way of making sure that the walls of the property are waterproof and are not letting rain penetrate.
Most of the houses on the estate have been ewi by the council many years ago, one of mine has not been done as it was privately owned.
Everything i can think of has been changed from full roof, soffits, gutters, repainted it myself but somehow th rain is penetrating the walls
The last option is either to ewi it or find some kind of waterproof rendering system, iam not really bothered on looks as its a rental property, somebody has mentioned k-rend

All renders are waterproof if done correctly a fully insulated render system is going to cost you but the krend will be expensive but cheaper than the insulated render

All renders are waterproof if done correctly a fully insulated render system is going to cost you but the krend will be expensive but cheaper than the insulated render

is there a specific render type that can deal with a little bit of movement without cracking?

not too sure what iam looking for, either somebody to ewi all the house or just render it in some kind of waterproof rendering system. Nofinds? not too sure pal, i know its a wates property if that means anything

not too sure what iam looking for, either somebody to ewi all the house or just render it in some kind of waterproof rendering system. Nofinds? not too sure pal, i know its a wates property if that means anything

The term is no-fines and it relates to the type of aggregate used to make the concrete sections for pre-fab houses was your property built late 40's to late 50's cos if so the concrete will probably be no-fines.

Either way its going to cost a few quid and to be honest mate most people who buy council houses and rent them out dont want to pay that kind of money but dont take this personally mate.

I can recommend myself :RpS_thumbup:

We are based in St helens and will fit you a fully warranted system if that is what you require or not perhaps. anyway we do things properly. There are a couple of others on here also. John - 07921711838 if you want to chat about the possibilities.

P.S

What makes you think the rain is penetrating the walls ? Its pre fab concrete so I find that very hard to believe. its very highly possible that you have some damp on the inside from "condensation damp" issues due to the property having no cavity, this is because the dew point is the inside surface of your walls.
Krend wont stop that - EWI will

I Can recommend me also, We are in Wigan and can also offer a fully warranted system, I can also send a green deal assessor round to assess your property for funding, he/she will let you know what you are covered for in terms of funding, i.e ewi, boiler, lights, solar panels etc to make the property more economical. Ring me for more details.
Craig 07843 342696

A green deal job! Like rocking horse shite they are!

better going through on ECO as that is suppose to run on a bit longer when they get their fingers out. As far as I am aware GD assessments have been done but no actual installs as getting funding through is an issue it seems.

We had some privates done on a grant towards the work due to the energy efficiency being improved etc this will still be the case as long as the funding is released soon. stalling on the funding is causing some backlog for some schemes i hear

Dan south coast have you done your Green Deal applicators certifications ? PAS2030 BBAfor applicators NVQ2 EWI etc ?

Aye. just think how many firms who have spent money doing all the above certs just so they are allowed to install on a GD funded job....

hope it sorts itself out but its not going to be soon it seems, originally they said it would have started long before now before xmas if i remember wasnt it november last year or something ?

I Can recommend me also, We are in Wigan and can also offer a fully warranted system, I can also send a green deal assessor round to assess your property for funding, he/she will let you know what you are covered for in terms of funding, i.e ewi, boiler, lights, solar panels etc to make the property more economical. Ring me for more details.
Craig 07843 342696

Did the college tutor job not work out Craig?

Status
Not open for further replies.