Can you Render onto this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like one of those spray applied protective coatings, not sure what materials are used. Its hard to know what to do with this one without seeing it. I'd maybe try and contact oen of the companies that apply protective coatings and see what they suggest.

In all fairness nisus i just rerendered my house and there was a textured finish on it and it turned out fine and i just put an sbr slurry on scratched it with 5-1, with fibers in, topped it with a 6-1-1 and it is solid on there.

its sandtex i gave them a call they said they dotn guarantee anything and that you should at least ruff it up? it is a ruff finish? humm funny one i guess stick to what you no.. i can price to eml and render or to ruff up with that refiia prep tool and 2 coat sand and cement.. the stuff is on well

Bod said:
In all fairness nisus i just rerendered my house and there was a textured finish on it and it turned out fine and i just put an sbr slurry on scratched it with 5-1, with fibers in, topped it with a 6-1-1 and it is solid on there.

Fair play mate i was only joking about the pva ;)
Was waiting for someone to say ohhh you can't use pva outside ;D ;D

Your easiest bet would be to put a scrape coat of hpx on then embed 10x10 fiber mesh then fix with 50mm plastic fixings then another fine coat of hpx scratch leave a few days then use k-rend gp mortor which rubbes up like s-c I wouldn't go down the eml road trust me been there done that . And k-rend will back you as long as you use fixings

oasis said:
its sandtex i gave them a call they said they dotn guarantee anything and that you should at least ruff it up? it is a ruff finish? humm funny one i guess stick to what you no.. i can price to eml and render or to ruff up with that refiia prep tool and 2 coat sand and cement.. the stuff is on well

Oasis you say sandtex but sandtex what? high build? Textured masonry paint?
It looks like tyro straight onto brickwork to me then painted?

hign build mate.

pwi said:
Your easiest bet would be to put a scrape coat of hpx on then embed 10x10 fiber mesh then fix with 50mm plastic fixings then another fine coat of hpx scratch leave a few days then use k-rend gp mortor which rubbes up like s-c I wouldn't go down the eml road trust me been there done that . And k-rend will back you as long as you use fixings

problem with this is i do not do any finishs like this so i would be outa my league, whats a sq m2 price on a system like that?

oasis said:
how much of a slurry do you get from that SBR as i used it the other day as a wet primer and it dint go far for £40! what is the mix for a slurry? and what are the refina prep tools like?
just dun a job like that over here. private job we picked up. we used a product called limebond. came in a tub in powder form just mixed it with water and used a slury gun. (them fckers that tw@t ur arm to fck wen turning them)

wiganlad said:
oasis said:
how much of a slurry do you get from that SBR as i used it the other day as a wet primer and it dint go far for £40! what is the mix for a slurry? and what are the refina prep tools like?
just dun a job like that over here. private job we picked up. we used a product called limebond. came in a tub in powder form just mixed it with water and used a slury gun. (them fckers that tw@t ur arm to fck wen turning them)

this sounds good mate,,, what is a slurry gun?

oasis said:
hum wonder what i can do to create suction?

Omg Oasis mate, dont run before u can walk or maybe walk before
u can crawl.

Gonna say this once more. On EXTERNAL RENDERING U OBVIOUSLY (SOZ caps lock) need a key

A. Mechanical e.g, scratch coat, eml or a really rough surface maybe in ur pic ?

OR

B.Chemical type bond e.g ., suction

If the tyro type 'stuff' is really well adhered to the bricks, i.e u cant get it off, then render
the c**t

QED ;)

you should eml over paint mate its all thats holding a couple of tonnes of render on , pwi whats 10x10 fibre mesh is it the standard stuff ???

hi rendering is only good a estetic look take in consideration to apply external insulation to achive the new thermo value contact me if more info

louis said:
hi rendering is only good a estetic look take in consideration to apply external insulation to achive the new thermo value contact me if more info

helloooo good byee

louis said:

you make even less sense than oasis!!!

louis said:

thank you please

scrape off any big heads and loose stuff on it,then pva, sand and cement paint,scratch coat and top it off 8)

jobs a gooden

spunky said:
you should eml over paint mate its all thats holding a couple of tonnes of render on , pwi whats 10x10 fibre mesh is it the standard stuff ???
i think there are 2 types spunky theres the 5x5 which is just like a huge roll of fiber tape then the 10x10 which is more suited to rendering and the gaps are double the size .oasis this is not a hard system to use the gp mortor is just like s&c just rubb with a float and hpx is only 4-5mm thick so a bag does go a long way ive tried eml and rendalathe and hated them both but its your call cheef ;D

oasis said:
wiganlad said:
oasis said:

this sounds good mate,,, what is a slurry gun?
sorry mate tyrolean gun. bang the stuf inside it and turn the handle it coats the wall nicely takes 20 mins to dry. set your beads gud scrtatch coat same day. it worked a treat for us. gud luck mate

oasis said:
is it reali just a case of plug screw washer all day long? and also if we use galvnised will it last or does it have to be S/S? thanks

have you seen the price of s/s steel eml

galv will rust but most customers will take the risk if you explain the cost-

--although i agree it should be s/s

Hi i have kept out of this discussion for a while but your going to get my input now.

you need to do this with a thin coat acrilic system im quoting parex as im approved applicator

1. scrape of any loose or friable material
2. paint on parex primer
3. apply Maite basecoat with mesh embedded into it 4mm max
4. paint on parex thin coat colour if using any colour other than white, cream etc
5. appply thin coat acrilic render 1.5mm grit size
6. charge £70.00 per m2 supply and fix
7. give me a call if you need a hand ;)

the substrate dictates the system of choice not the other way round.........thin coat all the way

still bloody waiting grand......les reckons they perfecting it still further cos of the last minute changes made to it......he said that pft are reluctant to make the same mistakes as mtec with the m300

Status
Not open for further replies.