ceiling roses

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk johnstone

Private Member
i have made a few, i bought one and reverse moulded it and i have spun one with my own metal profile, i want to start adding detail though have any of you guys done much modelling?

oh and that isnt a question of how beautiful you are ;) :-*

its only the model that you lose money on because thats what takes the time to mate, when you reverse mould them it takes about 20 mins and i made 5 from one bag of casting plaster, the plaster only cost about £10 so in materials they only cost me £2 each to make an 20 mins of my time. although you are right there isnt much demand for them but what i do is ask the customer when i am skimming the room if they would like me to put a ceiling cose up for them for an extra £30 quid then i tell them that i will make it myself especially for them.

they normally say yes and i have fitted 6 of my own now.... thats £168 profit ;)

kirk johnstone said:
its only the model that you lose money on because thats what takes the time to mate, when you reverse mould them it takes about 20 mins and i made 5 from one bag of casting plaster, the plaster only cost about £10 so in materials they only cost me £2 each to make an 20 mins of my time. although you are right there isnt much demand for them but what i do is ask the customer when i am skimming the room if they would like me to put a ceiling cose up for them for an extra £30 quid then i tell them that i will make it myself especially for them.

they normally say yes and i have fitted 6 of my own now.... thats £168 profit ;)

wow 168 quid yea not bad that over how long ? might have to re do my business plan

well its 20 mins a piece i would say so it works out about 2 hours all in all. £168 in 2 hours am happy with it and it looks good for you business when people start talking :)

At least while hes making his corniche and roses he not writing how to do it's..... lol
But the guy obviously loves his work,he sleeps eats breathes plastering from what i can see,and that aint a bad thing really.
Give him some slack,and now we know where to get cheap hand made ceiling roses from ;)

skimmin2day said:
At least while hes making his corniche and roses he not writing how to do it's..... lol
But the guy obviously loves his work,he sleeps eats breathes plastering from what i can see,and that aint a bad thing really.
Give him some slack,and now we know where to get cheap hand made ceiling roses from ;)
skimmin2day said:

you know i might he is obviosly a tryer just needs to get rid of his i am the godfather of plastering if i dont do it that way it cant be right attitude and he might have a future

oh and stop being so angry ive never met a good angry spread all the good ones are of calm nature moaning buggers but calm

rockhardsolidplastering said:
skimmin2day said:
skimmin2day said:

you know i might he is obviosly a tryer just needs to get rid of his i am the godfather of plastering if i dont do it that way it cant be right attitude and he might have a future

oh and stop being so angry ive never met a good angry spread all the good ones are of calm nature moaning buggers but calm
but he is the godfather of plastering everybody that 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.