cheats

Status
Not open for further replies.

leo23

Good day all ....any one got any tricks of the trade to speed things all long when skimming......just skimmed a fire breast. ...took 5 min s to put it on....3 hours too go off.....must be something that can speed things along. ....

Just my findings.....cement alone doesn't work in finish.

Dirty water affects the initial set but not the finishing time.

What works is dirty water coupled with a few handfuls of bonding. Together they'd turn Louis Spence in a wankel.

Age old problem plaster not setting , try hot water but best not mess with the natural set of multi.

sh1t in the water before you put the powder in! it doesnt work if you sh1t after you have put the powder in

dirty water, handful of bonding, and mix for ten minutes :RpS_thumbup:

and charge the right price and it wouldn't matter. just clean the van or something while you wait

Boil the kettle Leo, mix your water warm (not too hot) and whisk your mix longer than you would normally, maybe an extra minute. Not an exact science really.

i make some dirty water the day before and keep it in 2 liter bottles, and like others have mentioned mix longer to get more air in the mix

a couple of handfuls of lime in the guauge will send bonding off fast, but never tried it with multi ....

wonder what would happen if you threw a handful of cove adhesive in ....:RpS_unsure:

If you want it to go off mega fast use skim 1 year old past the bag date, keep some in stock for these jobs. I did a big patch 2 coats out same mix & then 10mins later it was troweled up lol.
Do same with bonding outta date goes off quick for patches :RpS_wink:

If you want it to go off mega fast use skim 1 year old past the bag date, keep some in stock for these jobs. I did a big patch 2 coats out same mix & then 10mins later it was troweled up lol.
Do same with bonding outta date goes off quick for patches :RpS_wink:
i always have a sh1t bag to hand for those sh1t jobs
leo how long you been in the game??
hand full of sugar i find makes it go quicker

You can always try to speed up the setting , u never know though it can set to quick for you to finish to a good quality , if i was doing a small job id let it set naturally if it is skim bonding is a different kettle of fish, jus price for your time and think least u have a easy time , explain to the customer that the plaster takes the same amount of time to set if your doing a big ceiling or a little shitty cuboard wall

Lol nisus if u had a few jobs not far apart all shitty patches u wud have to go round all ya plasterer pals askin for there old 1/3 bags that have been in the bak corner of there van for donkeys , ad ratha hava difo way ratha that bag dates like but like a said earlier just price it for your time not size and think of it as a easy time get ya feet up and think which a cud have these shitty patches all the time !

Lol nisus if u had a few jobs not far apart all shitty patches u wud have to go round all ya plasterer pals askin for there old 1/3 bags that have been in the bak corner of there van for donkeys , ad ratha hava difo way ratha that bag dates like but like a said earlier just price it for your time not size and think of it as a easy time get ya feet up and think which a cud have these shitty patches all the time !

I still charge for the time but then use a quickset way instead :RpS_thumbsup:

I keep it in a bucket that has a lid ,,sometimes those half bags can go the other way ,not like it used to be ...

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

it is what it is your dealing with plaster if u don't like it u should not have taken the job on in the first place

Is that English?

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Status
Not open for further replies.