Chimney

carys

Got a chimney to do in 3weeks when I do a chinney I like to do a proper job don't whant any come back up ther. Mistake so many builders do is block the flues up I always believe you should leave them open. You ither put a elephant foot that are about 40 50 pound or brick vent. But I've seen this idea sink waste pipe which coming through the flue whith bend to stop water going down cheap way of doing it and you get air circulation at the end of day nobody going to see it only the seagles and people going on holiday. Has anybody used this method before I do it lol by the way if it a brick chimney il put a brick vent no problem. if it stone difrent story.

Got a chimney to do in 3weeks when I do a chinney I like to do a proper job don't whant any come back up ther. Mistake so many builders do is block the flues up I always believe you should leave them open. You ither put a elephant foot that are about 40 50 pound or brick vent. But I've seen this idea sink waste pipe which coming through the flue whith bend to stop water going down cheap way of doing it and you get air circulation at the end of day nobody going to see it only the seagles and people going on holiday. Has anybody used this method before I do it lol by the way if it a brick chimney il put a brick vent no problem. if it stone difrent story.
I think this thread to complicated to the likes of lads that just skim day in day out menstion no names lol. I think a proper old school plasterer is all rounder skiming dashing floating screeding I've got to agree whith Andy g sometimes that one hit wonders are killing the plastering trade signs of times like anything else

Not sure what ya on about to be honest. I get the elephant foot, but your divint mean have a bit soil pipe with a u bend on sticking out of the top of the stack do you? Cos that would look absolutely fooking shocking.

Not sure what ya on about to be honest. I get the elephant foot, but your divint mean have a bit soil pipe with a u bend on sticking out of the top of the stack do you? Cos that would look absolutely fooking shocking.
Not a soil pipe. half in sink waste pipe who going to see that only seagles if you wanted 3 elephant foot 150pounds waste pipe 3pound

Not a soil pipe. half in sink waste pipe who going to see that only seagles if you wanted 3 elephant foot 150pounds waste pipe 3pound
That y most people close them becouse they don't want spend 200 od pounds on pots and elephant foot. Not a good thing to close them up I've seen so many problems after doing that and builders don't realise the afec of that. Nother way brick vent or if it a stone chimney and you can get a vent half in pipe sticking out enough to get a bend stop water going down then simple cheap way of geting air circulation. Or if customer whant to spend ther money on pot up to them.

That y most people close them becouse they don't want spend 200 od pounds on pots and elephant foot. Not a good thing to close them up I've seen so many problems after doing that and builders don't realise the afec of that. Nother way brick vent or if it a stone chimney and you can get a vent half in pipe sticking out enough to get a bend stop water going down then simple cheap way of geting air circulation. Or if customer whant to spend ther money on pot up to them.

You are @Andy g and I claim my prize of one guinea. So depressed.

They must have a pot on stack at moment ?

Not heard your idea before but it could work. It's a bit like venting a wooden floor via 110mm pipe through concrete floor.

It would need cross venting to create flow.

So stack is left open with one pipe in addition to venting cowl.

Or two pipes put down to create x flow and cap stack.

Or just 9x3 vent in breast.

They must have a pot on stack at moment ?

Not heard your idea before but it could work. It's a bit like venting a wooden floor via 110mm pipe through concrete floor.

It would need cross venting to create flow.

So stack is left open with one pipe in addition to venting cowl.

Or two pipes put down to create x flow and cap stack.

Or just 9x3 vent in breast.
Yes hit miss vent in brest vent at top

No just piss off in Welsh. Name of village llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyndobwyllantyssiliogogch people of village just call it Llanfairpwll

Thank fcuk for that. Thank f**k Llanfairpwll makes so much sense and is so easy to pronounce. I'd never have managed the big one.

Your rhigt m8 you tell that to the Irish scotch france Spain Germany and many other countries that speak gibberish
Keep hold of your heritage and treasure it. The English have thrown theirs to the waste side. And look at how fecked we are.

Not sure if I’ve got wrong end of stick but mine needed blocking as they weren’t used and pigeons were causing problems. Picked up some of these spring loaded composite caps. £35 each and fitted in ten mins. They allow the chimney to breath and r a piece of piss to fit

Not sure if I’ve got wrong end of stick but mine needed blocking as they weren’t used and pigeons were causing problems. Picked up some of these spring loaded composite caps. £35 each and fitted in ten mins. They allow the chimney to breath and r a piece of piss to fit
Chimney doesnt need to breath. It needs to be taken down below roof level if not used. Below loft/attic level preferably.

If above roof level then it can only deteriorate and let damp in from being belted with rain and not drying out through heat.

Also it is a funnel to transfer heat out of a warm house into the sky and blocking it up will not stop this happening. The only way is to take it down or insulate the chimney inside the house. A disused chimney will be taking ££££££'s up into the sky.

No doubt when most chimneys were put in houses there was no central heating and the fires were the home heating source. These fires never went out. There were going 24/7 and the chimney was always warm.

They had coal burning all day and slack (coal dust) applied at night to keep fire going (smoldering) until morning. First job in morning before breakfast was to rake fire.......apply coal and empty ashes.

You let fire go out in old days you got a bollocking. So a chimney never got cold. When they arent used you get problems with them.

Last edited:
The Taff's are frends with everybody even the Irish scotch love

No need to be jealous proven fact bilingual people are more clever. I can speak 3 languages fluent. Y the fuk am I a plastrer
Why learn another language when everyone understands English .
As for rugby score you only half decent at that cause your shite at football