Cracking and crazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all

I've got a job were the walls are all cracked an crazed all over ,slightly hollow in places although not ready quite yet to fall off.

I've done 3 rooms in the house she went with the cheaper option of just a cover up, which has worked well enough for the price she got an only a couple of cracks have re-occurred in the 3 rooms.

Are there any fixes other than hacking off??? (by the way sand an cement)

I pretty sure the backing has too much cement in it.

Cheers

If she was aware of the state of the walls and I'm sure you told her the best route, why should you go back to rectify a problem that you said will happen?

Nice one lads

I did lay the options to her prior an her husband a solicitor said "were just paint over the cracks so to speak." I thought I'm f-ing right with ya on that.

I'm doing a 4th room an it's slightly worse an because a couple of cracks have re appeared in other rooms I thought they're must be a better way than hacking off, which will really gets on my tits.

I was thinking along these lines beddy can you help on products an use??

I'll hold my hands up on this one I know f-all about meshing the entire wall.

cheers

Nice one lads

I did lay the options to her prior an her husband a solicitor said "were just paint over the cracks so to speak." I thought I'm f-ing right with ya on that.

I'm doing a 4th room an it's slightly worse an because a couple of cracks have re appeared in other rooms I thought they're must be a better way than hacking off, which will really gets on my tits.

I was thinking along these lines beddy can you help on products an use??

I'll hold my hands up on this one I know f-all about meshing the entire wall.

cheers

Haha 'I'm f-ing right with ya on that!! Awesome

The mesh is metre wide scrim. Put first coat on. Bed this in. Let it pick up then second coat as usual.
Link Removed

or just pour fibres into your first coat and spread as normal.
think you can get them from wickes

Fibres. Put a small handful in your water. Whisk them up then add powder as usual. Only put them in first coat

Link Removed

Had a similar one recently ... artex ceiling, old lath and plaster walls that were a mess and 'bounced' with firm pressue ... basically said they need reboarding ceiling, walls etc .... Women said want doin cheap as possible to rent out ... explained that cracks would appear even after meshing most of the visable cracks ... she said no worrys etc

On my quote always put at he bottom *the ceiling /walls have no guarantee due to the poor backgrounds... customer accepts quote and the liability ....

Nothing winds me up more than explaining how the job should be done yet customers rarely listen and want it done cheap as possible

Had another that the guy had 'boarded', 1-2 inch gaps between walls and beams .... he says o i'll make sure there all sorted for when you get here ... quote only listed skimming not repair work ... get to the job - not been done so just skimmed to the edge of the boards ... had the nerve to say o u could of skrimed those gaps ... aye ok m8 cos skrim sticks to fresh air ... he then complained to trading standards cos im on a traders scheme through them ... they basically fooked him off - he compalined about them too... i explained where does my quote say repair boarding etc ... it doesnt so the customer can whistle ... he tried to claim for the whole job to be redone haha ... as well as playing on his daughters illness ( never told about that either)... some people are just scum and i laughed when i got there letter explaining there investigation and the only thing they did uphold was a few splashes of plaster on the back door (labourer was told off lol )

Bloody labs just carnt get the staff ... Any ideas on how to stop crazing on fresh skimming when the suns on it ??

It goes on quick enough , it's happing cus sun baking it , just wondered if any 1 else had this problem or got a solution

It goes on quick enough , it's happing cus sun baking it , just wondered if any 1 else had this problem or got a solution

As said mate shouldn't be and issue providing you have suction under control..

getting on to flattening and trowel soon enough etc

Or tell the lab he'll get a better signal by the window...........cnt will stand there all day :RpS_laugh:

your just not gluing it enough, control the rate of suction and it wont craze.

the only time iv ever had this was in a Conservatory i hardwalled and fked my ankle up tripping on some badly fitted jub on the floor, returned a week later in summer to skim and soaked the **** out the wall etc before skim but nothing would have stopped this cracking!!! water and glue etc and it just sucked like a cheap hoe!

Hello all

I've got a job were the walls are all cracked an crazed all over ,slightly hollow in places although not ready quite yet to fall off.

I've done 3 rooms in the house she went with the cheaper option of just a cover up, which has worked well enough for the price she got an only a couple of cracks have re-occurred in the 3 rooms.

Are there any fixes other than hacking off??? (by the way sand an cement)

I pretty sure the backing has too much cement in it.

Cheers
Hi m8 I had the same problem last year with a couple of rooms so this time round I unibonded the staircase walls then as the unibond was tacky gave it a tight coat off hardwall and after a hour plastered it all and no problems, I have experienced in my time plastering on sand and cement walls are always if it makes sense drier than hardwall and boarded walls

Status
Not open for further replies.