Crap batch of plasterboard? Recycled? Pink and rubbish to cut

MattP1987

Hi guys
Been doing some boarding today and noticed some of the plasterboards I got are light pink in colour in side.
They are horrid to cut and every cut needs a wrasp down even with my new gadget plasterboard cutter!
Has anyone else heard or had this?
Heard of rumours that BG are recycling gypsum plaster and using it in plasterboards?! Is this the case?
So annoying! The boards seemed just as strong and were not damp.
Thanks
Matt

Boards started going bad about the same time the multi did. Definitely recycled shite put through both..prices keep rising whilst the quality keeps dropping.

I've have noticed multi changes often and is not very consistent at all. Can be grainy one day and the next greasey!
Never came across this with plasterboards.

b*ll***s! BG swears by their products! If you haven’t send the batch number...... call to report the problem...... required site visit...... it actually never happened! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
b*ll***s! BG swears by their products! If you haven’t send the batch number...... call to report the problem...... required site visit...... it actually never happened! :rolleyes:
Lol balls to that.

Boards seem fine just thought was strange

I will have to try that tick John. Does it slow the set as much as extra time or just enough to lay on another smallish wall ex?
Not sure never used extra time . I mostly do it as i think it makes gear better to finish .I.ll see tomorrow as i had to go over that multi today bout 4 more time co.paired to board finish we were using last week

I had some boards today rasped every single one , just glad didn’t snap over my head when I lifted them up , not funny tbf