Crazed s&c render

Hi peeps
Just rendered an extension and it has all crazed as it dried. None seems to have blown, just hairline cracks. What would be the best way to sort it without hacking it off. Client is going to paint it himself but I need to sort it first. Tia
sounds like to hard a mix paint and forget it

Firstly I've been a crap plasterer for 25+ years and rendered more walls than you've brought round in the pub. Think the crazing was a combination of warm breeze and crap wickes sand (brought by client). It crazed by next day so not movement or s**t brickwork. Nothings blown or lifted just fine hairline cracks. Just need to know best way to lose the cracks before its painted

TPF can be overwhelming but the banter most of the time is harmless.

Don't take offense , you hadn't replied and people get carried away with the banter ,

So you want just the solution , there's my problem , I just can't help it but its on overload and here it comes so please forgive my apparent rudeness its certainly not meant to be cocky or arrogant

1 I use some lime instead of Feb , to be short I won't bother with explaining
2 I use sharp sand , may add some soft for top coat depending on the grit
3 as you have rightly pointed out your so called normal render mix ( guessing , as you didn't answer my original post ) is good to get the job done with no problems so I'm not doubting your ability to plaster , in my fathers day if you were caught putting soft sand into the mix to ease floating you were off site
3 your get out clause would only be clay or dirty sand , unlikely from wickes
4 I've forgotten what the question was
5 oh yes ,, how to repair ,,, here we go
6 I would not repair I would stabilize ( with what I confess I have no knowledge ) and would Tyrolean , the proper way ( I won't bore you )

Hope I haven't p.as.d u off , if I work for another 40 y I still will be caught out at some point
Cheers. First off it was 5.1.1 mix plastering sand with a bit of soft so it doesn't dust up when rubbed up. That's how I was taught 25+ years ago and never failed me until now. Never got on using sharp, scratches up too much when rubbed. Don't think the client would be happy with Tyrolean, they want a smooth render. Don't mind the banter but does piss me off when we all have something go wrong once and suddenly Billie big balls assumes you must be a s**t spread

Cheers. First off it was 5.1.1 mix plastering sand with a bit of soft so it doesn't dust up when rubbed up. That's how I was taught 25+ years ago and never failed me until now. Never got on using sharp, scratches up too much when rubbed. Don't think the client would be happy with Tyrolean, they want a smooth render. Don't mind the banter but does piss me off when we all have something go wrong once and suddenly Billie big balls assumes you must be a s**t spread
5 sand 1 cement 1 lime

Don't put a post up if you can't take a bit of banter! It's a forum full of plasterers,take with a pinch of salt it's only word's, sticks n stones and all that were not trolling you :LOL:

is that measure with shovels or buckets a big difference

5 sand 1 cement 1 lime
Not to not pick ( for debate , argue , educate oh alright then nit pick )
" never got on with sharp " meaning neat not 4 sharp 1 soft in total . ( sounded 4 soft 1 sharp )
also the scratch ,,, stronger mix than top and a week to cure or morning and afternoon same coat
I'll leave the Tyrolean advantage for long term future cracking protection .although you could probably believe that I'd probably talk them into it lol ,

Firstly I've been a crap plasterer for 25+ years and rendered more walls than you've brought round in the pub. Think the crazing was a combination of warm breeze and crap wickes sand (brought by client). It crazed by next day so not movement or s**t brickwork. Nothings blown or lifted just fine hairline cracks. Just need to know best way to lose the cracks before its painted
I don't render, but I don't know anyone that would let the client buy their sand for them. Anyone I know who renders near me swears by the same supplier for sand and wouldn't use anything else

Not to not pick ( for debate , argue , educate oh alright then nit pick )
" never got on with sharp " meaning neat not 4 sharp 1 soft in total . ( sounded 4 soft 1 sharp )
also the scratch ,,, stronger mix than top and a week to cure or morning and afternoon same coat
I'll leave the Tyrolean advantage for long term future cracking protection .although you could probably believe that I'd probably talk them into it lol ,
My first boss always used 1 sharp 4 soft but always found it scratched ip the top coat when rubbing. Scratch was leftover weekend so 3-4 days between coats

I don't render, but I don't know anyone that would let the client buy their sand for them. Anyone I know who renders near me swears by the same supplier for sand and wouldn't use anything else
Guys a tight arse. Always looking for cheapest options. £100 grand on extension then decorated himself. Looks shite and got flecks of paint on all his new beech doors and solid oak staircase

My first boss always used 1 sharp 4 soft but always found it scratched ip the top coat when rubbing. Scratch was leftover weekend so 3-4 days between coats
Good to reply , wasn't too sure , tell your first boss I disagree , I use the other way round , neat on first coat , also second coat should be weaker mix than first , a week min between them , cheers for straight up reply
Tell your new boss I think its prone to future cracking even if he fills these cracks unless he Tyrolean s with a honeycomb consistency , if it doesn't I'm going to be very surprised and would really like to know what the magic treatment is lol

I agree it's suction problem going off to quick. Anyway. U know me . Wot about putting a thinned out coat of water proof pva on it (know runs) then paint it I only use plilite oil based masonary. U put small bottle of white spirit in 1 gallon to thin out. Two coats. Did one two roads away 7 years ago looks the same now. Looking forward to your replies xx

OK , no Tyrolean solution
Today's a good day for this problem as you want the wall baking hot , full sun at peak temperature
Get a hose and spray the wall , let it dry thoroughly and heat up , repeat

Just for fun I'm not telling you why

Will the lime react and fill the cracks.
I disagree in part mate , not saying you haven't a point but not enough lime in the mix , aiming for expansion and contraction

Where's Andy when I want some abuse , oh , avoid avoid madman on the loose

As it expands and contracts the sand molecules move around and effectively fill any voids (the cracks in this instance} Do i win a prize?
Forget filling the cracks , although its still a good input and your soooo close to the reason why I would do it , the cracks will still have to be sorted ,