crazy tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive heard down the grapevine they dont work mate because u.s bead sizes are different to ours ..................hope im wrong though!!

it was discussed a while back, from what i can gather it only fits american thincote beads, you just offer it up to the bead in place, whack it and it crimps em to the plasterboard... nice idea, dont know anyone thats managed to import a british version tho..

its a brit site i found it on, first ive ever seen it, its a shame like, thought i'd found sumat to replace flaming tin snips

Yea i saw that on transtools recently...if you wanna fix beads quickly to plasterboard use a stapler.

Oh yeah by the way transtools as an excellent company get all my stuff from there...free delivery on orders over £45 and i've compared alot of orders between there and screwfix and you save ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ ordering from transtools.

while were on the subject of dodgy new tools...
anyone wanna buy my gyproc mousetrap? 20 quid?

cor blimey seggs how did you get hold off one of them there well old school :eek: i'd offer you 90 mate

cor blimey seggs how did you get hold off one of them there well old school  :eek: i'd offer you 90 mate
um... er... old school?? im off to google for a minute???

yeh you know fkin'old school ........worth loads of money ;) ahem .............wow youve got a mouse trap gosh thats worth a few quid would you take 90 quid ...............err bet know one else offers any more

;D thats what i thought you meant... just thought id missed a trick for a mo then ;D

nah youre alright mate ill stick to me stanley knife ;).............i bet it'd sell on ebay though im sure lads are still curious of how sh*t it really can be ;D

i might just replace the little legs with felt pads and use it to clean the fish tank... ;D

is it really that bad? i have a feeling it would be sht cutting straight lines as youve got nothing to work against ie straight edge/ ruler

can you use it on 9.5 or just 1/2 inch + 15?

u know what? ive just had a thought...
anyone ever tried to cut laminated glass? you need to score both sides exactly opposite, crack it along the join and either score out the lami with a sharp blade or squirt meths into the gap and fire it to melt the plastic lami...
anyroad... gettin the 2 scores dead opposite aint as easy as it looks...
and a ruby tile cutter is great for cuttin glass, mirrors etc...
anyone see where this is going?
im gonna give it a bash... just gotta find some lami glass...

is it really that bad? i have a feeling it would be sht cutting straight lines as youve got nothing to work against ie straight edge/ ruler

can you use it on 9.5 or just 1/2 inch + 15?
yeh you can use it on 9mm but it has a habit of trappin your fingers as it comes off the edge of the board... thats why i call it a mousetrap...
its not too bad at straight lines, you just use the tape as you would a stanley but its just f'kin awkward in any other position that flat down with space underneath, you need to sit a single board on two trestles really...
i loved it when i first got it but all i use it for now is snapping up scrap bits into smaller bits just to show the customers my jazzy new magic tool...
also wondering if it could be any use to window fitters for ripping out...
we used to remove the mullions/transoms and tap the glass edge with a bolster and chase the crack, then do another and chase it till it joins the other crack, then remove the triangle of glass... might work...

on the subject of tools can anyone recommend a sprayer for spraying water on to multi finish instead of using a brush...pressure sprayer maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.