Cscs card

Members online

I've not been on site for years, I think it depends on which or who's job your on, if the jobs behind but one thing is guaranteed if your involved in an accident that's when it becomes relevant, also if your applying for a job it becomes relevant.
Your probably right about the accident bit I don't think I ever applied for a job on site

Mine runs out this month not going to waste my time renewing.
If you don't do site work it's probably not worth it, I get texts every now and then off an agency for work and they always ask for it. I always said it would come into the domestic market mainly because it's an insurance thing and I still stand by that.

I've not been on site for years, I think it depends on which or who's job your on, if the jobs behind but one thing is guaranteed if your involved in an accident that's when it becomes relevant, also if your applying for a job it becomes relevant.
Your probably right about the accident bit but I don't think I've ever applied for a job
I've never applied as such but if you ring around for site work they will expect you to have it.
i think you've got me wrong flynnyman I've took the time money and effort to get a card i want it checking because we have been offered fake cards in the past so if everyone knew it was going to be checked there would be no need for the fake ones

Also done my OSAT so if I send the documentation through ill get the full nvq 2
Not having a dig fella, but when I did my osat, I had to show a portfolio that included 3 rendering jobs. Have they changed requirements?

I don't have a CSCS card, but my cat is micro-chipped. Will that do?

Not having a dig fella, but when I did my osat, I had to show a portfolio that included 3 rendering jobs. Have they changed requirements?
Yes mate they must have, I had to board and skim a room..... got to produce evidence of other stuff for the portfolio but no rendering but for the practical assessment bit it was board and skim

Yes mate they must have, I had to board and skim a room..... got to produce evidence of other stuff for the portfolio but no rendering but for the practical assessment bit it was board and skim
To be clear I havent pssed the nvq yet I got to put the portfolio together, when I said I done the OSAT I meant the on site bit, still need to send my folder in

C&G and CITB diplomas are training programmes, and combined with traditional apprenticeships provide the best approach to academic knowledge and in the workplace experience. Although superior it was an expensive system and long process. When apprenticeships were phased out and replaced with a system to get as many trainees out the door as fast as possible, C&G became redundant.

NVQ's should be an assessment of your ability whilst working if done properly and have got nothing to do with training. Sadly NVQ' can be abused and treated as a cash cow by some private training organisations.

I hope you don't mind, I've corrected a couple of typos for you. (y)

I served my time with an old
School plasterer, would t send me to college when I asked ( they can't teach you s**t he said) to be fair I think plastering is all about feel and I learned a lot more on site than being in college. But a lot of people ask for quals and it could cost me a packet to get my nvq now. So it gets to a point where quals are worth more than the hard graft learning and getting a bollocking for no doing it right.