Curved chimney breast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just board the whole chiminey breast and square the fireplace off...................job done.........no titting on with the arch...............:RpS_thumbup:

i just wrote a massive reply to this then the page became unresponsive so fcuk it:RpS_cursing:

I don't like cutting beads like that, so I'll stick to the plastic window strips ta very much :RpS_biggrin:

i thought this was a plasterers forum

https://
Curved chimney breast

Its a simple segment of an arch the mesh beads have play in them, if your bothered about the skim beads being sharper than float beats use skim beads before you skim. Another simple job that goes round the houses.

Ended up using screws and washers, as I could manipulate the bead a bit when fixed...still not sure what you guys meant by a level line across the apeture? But happy with result.

Curved chimney breast

Ended up using screws and washers, as I could manipulate the bead a bit when fixed...still not sure what you guys meant by a level line across the apeture? But happy with result.

Curved chimney breast

Its getting there marra...............:RpS_thumbup:

Yea trickier than I thought it would be getting all the beads in line with the existing plaster and keeping the opening square, the joys of working on old buildings!

Curved chimney breast
Your bead on the right is waaaaaaaaaaaaay out looks **** now its gonna look worse once its floated. To be honest both the beads look out but could be an optical illusion but the one on the right is ******. Get your self a level then check the margins between both beads and also the margin of both the external beads aswell.

Optical illusion Flynny.........look at the internal angles at the back, they look well out but probably aren't :RpS_thumbup:

i think flynnys spent too much time arguing with spunk and its rubbed off on him a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.