Curved chimney breast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does look on the lean TBH, might just be the camera angle. If you look on the far left of the pic, the wooden bead seems to be on the slant too.

Take another pic from further back freed.

Hmmm..........well the left hand bead concerns me the most, for a different reason :rolleyes)

Cause it goes to the floor? will snip that before I float. Levels are all bang on and have been doubled checked, I'll take a picture from far back when I put top coat on Wednesday.

That's right mate, never go the floor with your beads - wooden floors excepted :RpS_thumbup:

and be careful when you snip it or you'll wreck the thing.

By leaving a gap between the floor and the bead you reduce the chances of condensation caused by cold bridging :RpS_thumbup:

not that i drop my beads to the floor anyhow but how would you get cold bridging in a internal corner touching the floor? you saying the concret/screed floor could be cold? coz if thats the case you may have more concerning issues than condensation on a bead....

Curved chimney breast

i think thats an optical illusion caused by the curve in the bead not being dead centre makes one side of the swoop look longer than the other

I went with the arch putting that bead on, it meets the sides level either side, it may of needed to be pulled up slightly on the left side.

Is it an optical illusion that the bottom of the wall looks like its been left all ragaty quite high off the floor?

this is a pretty long thread for basically college standard float and set isnt it. its 3 beads.... and were getting update photos. and to top it off, the bead on the right looks bent, the curve isnt quite right and its only been rendered to the top of the skirting line. who the **** taught you to plaster? id have been beaten round the head for leaving something like that

this is a pretty long thread for basically college standard float and set isnt it. its 3 beads.... and were getting update photos. and to top it off, the bead on the right looks bent, the curve isnt quite right and its only been rendered to the top of the skirting line. who the **** taught you to plaster? id have been beaten round the head for leaving something like that
tough but in my day too bloody true:RpS_crying:

w**ker

Rendered to the top of the skirting line? are you blind?

Keyboard plasterers

nothin wrong wi ya thread mate,but for me the floating is abit high,and as it appears in your photo the head is not an accurate curve,could be the way it was photographed tho.

Fair enough m8, guess its all about knowing what you can get away with, I could get skirting on there piece of piss, all beads are level and not bent, ok the curve could be improved, but the bead was bent to the exact shape of the arch. At the end of the day its a refurb job on a house which is over 150 years old, the customer is delighted with it, im happy with it, onto the next one!

I wouldn't be putting skirting on the front if it was actually being used as a working fireplace. It needs plastering to the floor IMO.

Leave the guy alone ffs the clients happy who gives a fcuk and nick stop being a prick i should've taken a pic of that angle you done in that cupboard and put it on here

Its not 3D's fault the thread expanded. cant see any point in posting if ya just gonna bitch...........:RpS_biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.