Customer Bargaining

Members online

No members online now.

Maester

Just had a text off some punter I went to price a job for early last week. Sorry he was late getting back to me but he'd been busy (getting other quotes). He wants me to do the work but for £950 - the quote he's had off someone else. That was £470 less than I priced. "We've had another quote for £950 but would rather you do the work. At that price when would you be able to start?" :sorprendido3: Errr ...

Might try this technique when I next buy a van or go for a haircut.

Customer changed mind on fire place on the day (after buying materials)

20170503_072713.png

Just had a text off some punter I went to price a job for early last week. Sorry he was late getting back to me but he'd been busy (getting other quotes). He wants me to do the work but for £950 - the quote he's had off someone else. That was £470 less than I priced. "We've had another quote for £950 but would rather you do the work. At that price when would you be able to start?" :sorprendido3: Errr ...

Yer I had one a few weeks bk,priced it after weeks of bugging me only for the knob head to ring up and say after doing the maths if he get s mats he would pay me just under half of what I quoted.....cheeky f**k*r ....needless to say I never done the job after a few choice words .

Tell him to go f**k himself as there's a reason why others are "cheap"

I don't get it very often fortunately. The few times I do the conversation/emails/text goes something like this.

"Can you do it for xxxx as we had another quote but we'd like you to do the work?"

"Funnily enough I was going to contact you. I've had a quote accepted on another job that pays xxxx more than you're paying for yours. If you can match that I'd prefer to do yours."

Which usually ends the discussion. (y)

Yes, we want you to do it, because you will spend longer on the job putting the extra time and effort in that £950 man won't, but we want you to do that extra half day getting it bang on for free. Cave dwellers.

to be honest its the same on site......firms dont wanna pay that bit extra a metre for decent lads.
then get screwed on snagging and painters counter charging.
stubborn dickheads.

Hes put it on MyBuilder. Got a text through about it. The irony. Had some rogues reply :)

"We hired Lee at the beginning of September until the time he disappeared with our materials and money in early October. The work we paid for was less than half finished; the house was left like a tip.

All our other workers (electricians, plumbers, decorators) have been held up and inconvenienced by Lee’s failure to carry out his work.

The job was to plaster (skim) rooms, a stairwell and a small basement in a residential house. We received four quotes from plasterers from Mybuilder.com and all were similar (around £5,000). Lee was first to quote and seemed sensible.

He asked for £1400.00 for materials followed by £270.00 for materials and payment for the hire of Liam and Dan (both good workers and people). We never saw the materials and payments for Liam and Dan were high.

He began subcontracting our job to any plasterers he could find. One day, he mentioned that his wife was ‘phoning around to find plasterers’. One of the subcontracted plasterers was so bad that Lee had to strip off the bad work and start again. He charged us for the bad work and repairing the bad work.

Lee kept asking for payments. Soon we had paid the whole quote but the job was less than half finished. We showed him a list of the payments we had made and he promised to finish the job. But, that afternoon, he disappeared and never came back."

m_hill_24 - 5th Sep, 2015 Negative feedback

RBL Plastering's reply:
This statement in my opinion is far from the truth. I have always been professional in all the work i do and very trustworthy to every customer i have worked for as you can see from other positive feed back previously and after. This job was not what it was surposed to be in the beginning, yes a quote was given for work that we agreed needed doing before i started the job. Only on my return to start it there were alot of add ons that were not in the price. This meant money was spent on other materials, skips and labour, so the original quote couldn't be kept too. As far as im concerned this become a breakdown in different opinions as the job did run over in price, i do apologise for this but materials and labour do cost money.

I don't get it very often fortunately. The few times I do the conversation/emails/text goes something like this.

"Can you do it for xxxx as we had another quote but we'd like you to do the work?"

"Funnily enough I was going to contact you. I've had a quote accepted on another job that pays xxxx more than you're paying for yours. If you can match that I'd prefer to do yours."

Which usually ends the discussion. (y)
I like that will use it in the future I think(y)

This my favourite. Hard to recover from feedback like that :sorprendido3:

Plastering ASAP Plastering
First quote didn't turn up for.
Second quote 1/2 hr late smelling of booze.
Work was awful had to pay another tradesman to knock out everything he'd done. Cowboy w***ker!!

rjwlfc - 3rd Sep, 2016 Negative feedback

ME Boyd Plastering's reply:
I was saddened and surprised to see this extreme and unpleasant review about a piece of work I carried out some months ago. I would prefer not to dignify it with a comment and attempted to speak with Mr. Wilson whose conversation continued in the same manner... I always felt that this level of unpleasantness says more about the person saying it. I will put the record straight though my other 30 plus comments will be the best guide to my work.

A warning to all trades people and customers have nothing to do with this man.

This my favourite. Hard to recover from feedback like that :sorprendido3:

Plastering ASAP Plastering
First quote didn't turn up for.
Second quote 1/2 hr late smelling of booze.
Work was awful had to pay another tradesman to knock out everything he'd done. Cowboy w***ker!!

rjwlfc - 3rd Sep, 2016 Negative feedback

ME Boyd Plastering's reply:
I was saddened and surprised to see this extreme and unpleasant review about a piece of work I carried out some months ago. I would prefer not to dignify it with a comment and attempted to speak with Mr. Wilson whose conversation continued in the same manner... I always felt that this level of unpleasantness says more about the person saying it. I will put the record straight though my other 30 plus comments will be the best guide to my work.

A warning to all trades people and customers have nothing to do with this man.
Lol, so he turned up smelling of booze and customer still hired him...

Tell him to poke it mate. Stick to your guns and stay with your original price, f*ckin liberty takers are everywhere! Pay peanuts get monkeys!! Arrrghhhhhhh! And know breathe! Lol!

You should've txt him back and said I would rather scratch my bawbag with barbed wire than do it for that's price

No no just hate to hear they stories I just think they are the losers in the end hope someone like the "I watched a video now I'm a plasterer " to do the boys job then it'll cost them more the price is the price ha ha makes my blood boil marshy

No no just hate to hear they stories I just think they are the losers in the end hope someone like the "I watched a video now I'm a plasterer " to do the boys job then it'll cost them more the price is the price ha ha makes my blood boil marshy
I would like to point out he does not resemble the real A.plasterer and I'm presently in talks with my solicitor and therefore at this time cannot comment further :estudioso:

I would like to point out he does not resemble the real A.plasterer and I'm presently in talks with my solicitor and therefore at this time cannot comment further :estudioso:

Word on the street is he's copied your name but you've copied his work [emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right mate