Customers chasing you for a quote

• Thread starter Deleted member 40920
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 40920

Absolute pet hate, did a quote Tuesday evening already text asking where the quote is.... it would piss me off abit anyway, but wife's in hospital (which I told them on the quote, as I was running late) and little girl had first day of school yesterday.

It's honestly like customers think all we do is work

These that chase you for a quote rarely give you the job. I used to give it to them asap to get them off my back but in later years did the opposite.
Yeah I know what you mean. I had planned to do all my paperwork tonight, I think I'll do it all and forget theirs

I never quote on the spot, but always within 24 hours. Usually the same evening.

Unless it’s a complex or big job, not sure why it would take longer. 9/10 jobs I know how much I’m quoting before I’ve left the property.

I never quote on the spot, but always within 24 hours. Usually the same evening.

Unless it’s a complex or big job, not sure why it would take longer. 9/10 jobs I know how much I’m quoting before I’ve left the property.
I'm usually the same. Don't understand why anyone would chase a tradesman up less than 48hours after he came to look at the job though. I won't be doing the job now so they've just delayed it getting done as they'll need to contact someone else.

I'm usually the same. Don't understand why anyone would chase a tradesman up less than 48hours after he came to look at the job though. I won't be doing the job now so they've just delayed it getting done as they'll need to contact someone else.

It’s a tricky one mate, maybe they need it done asap? Maybe another spread let em down? Who knows.

It’s a tricky one mate, maybe they need it done asap? Maybe another spread let em down? Who knows.
Na they've got woodchip to remove, and don't want it doing for a month, said on the quote I'd have it sent over by the end of the week

Yeah I know what you mean. I had planned to do all my paperwork tonight, I think I'll do it all and forget theirs
Really hate typing up quotes, feels like homework ! Really like looking at jobs though, too much sometimes as I get right into it then leave and realise I dont really want it , too late though as the customer thinks that your just the man for the job than hassles you for weeks. what a silly c**t ! :ROFLMAO:

I just finished a small business diploma, part of it was kind of about such scenarios basically you should reply straight away then it’s done rather than let it all drag on with customer none the wiser , same for if you can’t do it just say straight away you can’t mate , makes for a better work life balance

Really hate typing up quotes, feels like homework ! Really like looking at jobs though, too much sometimes as I get right into it then leave and realise I dont really want it , too late though as the customer thinks that your just the man for the job than hassles you for weeks. what a silly c**t ! :ROFLMAO:
[/QUOTE
I try to price up weekends if I can ....
same with emailing quotes....usually from the week before

Also in general plasterers are terrible for getting back to folks , sometimes I feel like am getting the blunt end from customers who have been pissed around by lots of others before they phone me , I tell them straight, take a breath and remember I’m not them and you’ll get no bullshit from me

I just finished a small business diploma, part of it was kind of about such scenarios basically you should reply straight away then it’s done rather than let it all drag on with customer none the wiser , same for if you can’t do it just say straight away you can’t mate , makes for a better work life balance
One of first things i ask is when they want it done by .of I cant make I just tell em . All your doing is watimg both of your time

Know what you mean, but the best laid plans can fall appart, due to going for a " quick pint", no such thing ! For me anyway ! Tend to look at jobs after work during the week, when people are about. (Try) and type up on a sunday.

Well someone was listening to my presentation at least

I do like going to quote for work meeting new people and dispensing advice...
One of first things i ask is when they want it done by .of I cant make I just tell em . All your doing is watimg both of your time
Same here ......first thing I ask....

Totally agree. Don't know what people are thinking pissing off tradesmen that you want to quote for you. I sent off the quote tonight, I'll chase them up tomorrow for an answer and the day after that lol

The days before smart phones, emails and texting my wife would have to type the estimates, usually did two or three together then post them or if local drop it in.
When I got the hang of computer and email I sent them same day or next, customers seemed to like this as got most jobs. Very rarely text or WhatsApp a price.

Because getting in 7pm after pricing work on way home and then dinner, tidy up, kids lunch boxes, take dog out, sort bins and washing it's 9.50pm and it's quotes time. f**k that, what's on telly.

Agree there....

The fate of wether I make a profit from the work is sealed at the time of quoting

So I don't want to do it after working a full day and being tired and not thinking clearly and regret it after...

Agree there....

The fate of wether I make a profit from the work is sealed at the time of quoting

So I don't want to do it after working a full day and being tired and not thinking clearly and regret it after...
Never price after work andnon a empty stomach.

Agree there....

So if you had 5 quotes to go and do you do them all on the weekend? I always quote when I'm already working in that town otherwise I think it's just a waste if time and diesel

So if you had 5 quotes to go and do you do them all on the weekend? I always quote when I'm already working in that town otherwise I think it's just a waste if time and diesel
Yes i book them in on a Saturday if I can

Tomorrow quotes at 9am and 10 30
About 6 miles apart...

Good thing is I can give the customer my full attention and I'm not worried time wise how long that may take...
Where I live we don't have big centre of population (small towns) So I do need to maybe cover a larger area...

Yes i book them in on a Saturday if I can

Tomorrow quotes at 9am and 10 30
About 6 miles apart...

Good thing is I can give the customer my full attention and I'm not worried time wise how long that may take...
Where I live we don't have big centre of population (small towns) So I do need to maybe cover a larger area...
Each to their own I guess. I couldn't handle giving up my Saturday morning for free though. 99/100 plastering jobs are so easy to price I don't see the point

Just done a quote. It's easy at bottom
Screenshot_20190906-160014_Messages.jpg

I am waiting for the next recession before I get anymore work done....

We have been trying to get quotes for new windows and doors in our offices and to replace the cladding.... really simple easy jobs.

Hard work getting anybody out to quote and even harder to actually get the quote once they have been out... Their excuse is they are rushed off their feet.