Devon m2 rates ??

Members online

No members online now.
Thing is if you want to charge the same as the locals do (assuming that it's more) the builder might as well get a local guy to do it. It's not like your skimming is going to be so much better than everyone else's. He's probably asking you to do them to save a few bob, and who can blame him.
No offense meant.
Was thinking exactly the same.
You don't ask people to drive for 6 or 7 hours to pay them the same as a plasterer round the corner.
And if it's a builder you know I take it you've worked for him before so he probably wouldn't be too pleased if your day rate went up by 50%

start high then meet him with the price you wanted anyway! Bartering my friend! Very good price for you sir
Shalom maricom (y)

start high then meet him with the price you wanted anyway! Bartering my friend! Very good price for you sir
Shalom maricom (y)

Get yourself to Nairobi market. The stall men are masters of that.

It's called marking. Tell the customer you want a hundred pounds and let him beat you down to fifty. Then you get fifty quid for something you'd have shown a good profit on if you'd got a fiver.

Thing is if you want to charge the same as the locals do (assuming that it's more) the builder might as well get a local guy to do it. It's not like your skimming is going to be so much better than everyone else's. He's probably asking you to do them to save a few bob, and who can blame him.
No offense meant.

It's happening in Bristol...Welsh lads being employed by builders for £130 a day when really they should be charging more than us the distance they travel!!