Doesn’t happen to me often

Members online

No members online now.
It is irrelevant that the plaster is blown.
You did not look at job at all.
It's a 4 bedroom property not a just a ceiling job.
You just don't get it or you are at wind up,,,, you look stupid in this post.
Look who honestly agrees that it's common practice not to look at a job of this size. You could have looked beforehand, told customer then what's what,
By the way I always look, and especially if wall coverings are coming of solid walls.

It’s a the same sort of property I have done 100’s of times before without issues.
It’s a client who asked me for an estimate of costs.

I do many jobs a year that have been quoted on based on floorplans and start the day new owners pick up keys as it’s not been possible to look beforehand.

This particular job the wallpaper has just been removed you absolute plum, so we would be talking days before looking at bare walls lol

Now stop being obtuse

Last edited:
Ignore these Muppets @gps...

Honestly 90% on here don't know there arse from there elbow.

As he said it's a repeat customer where his trust and reputation has already been earnt.

He advised an E.S.T.I.M.A.T.E based on information provided with a view to confirming on commence of works.

Wow big deal it has changed thus he has provided a quote for work now required.

Customer either accepts or they don't.

Personally the customer should have had the decency to notify it's all gone to tits as they can't possibly have not noticed.

Yes with hindsight calling in prior to work commencing would have been better but not always possible some of us have a life outside of plastering on our evenings weekends eff.
A estimate on a property you never walked in.
Zombie you are all right but cannot agree on a job this size not to look at it, the variables are too big,,,, the customer has had a boot in the chops because it was not surveyed after wall covering removal.

Hahahahaha brilliant this! Personally I never quote jobs over the phone because experience tells me that no 2 jobs are the same! Customers can be really pushy sometimes when your in a job having a measure up, so Even if I walk in a job and know the price straight away I still won’t quote until I’ve had a chance to sit down with the figures.

As he said it's a repeat customer where his trust and reputation has already been earnt.

He advised an E.S.T.I.M.A.T.E based on information provided with a view to confirming on commence of works.

Personally the customer should have had the decency to notify it's all gone to tits as they can't possibly have not noticed.

Yes with hindsight calling in prior to work commencing would have been better but not always possible some of us have a life outside of plastering on our evenings weekends eff.

Hahahahaha brilliant this! Personally I never quote jobs over the phone because experience tells me that no 2 jobs are the same! Customers can be really pushy sometimes when your in a job having a measure up, so Even if I walk in a job and know the price straight away I still won’t quote until I’ve had a chance to sit down with the figures.

You would travel 10 miles to see an 8sqm ceiling ? For a customer you have already worked for lol

You would travel 10 miles to see an 8sqm ceiling ? For a customer you have already worked for lol
No,,,, I would for a 4 bedroom, we ain't talking pennies here. And you done 100's,,,,,,,,well sand & lime walls with paper on it, removed with a steamer, they ain't just got keys yesterday.

No,,,, I would for a 4 bedroom, we ain't talking pennies here. And you done 100's,,,,,,,,well sand & lime walls with paper on it, removed with a steamer, they ain't just got keys yesterday.

No they have been there 6 months started building work 6 weeks ago and stripped paper over the last few weeks, I was asked for a rough estimate 6 months ago, they then 3 months ago asked me to book dates in.

You really are making a mountain out of a molehill and looking somewhat of a Buffon.

Calling in would of been preferable, the trouble I had is this job is 50mins south to me and I have been working north of my house, I’ve been away on holiday and wallpaper has only recently been stripped so literally out of my control.

No they have been there 6 months started building work 6 weeks ago and stripped paper over the last few weeks, I was asked for a rough estimate 6 months ago, they then 3 months ago asked me to book dates in.

You really are making a mountain out of a molehill and looking somewhat of a Buffon.
The house was 10 miles away,,,,, lol it gets better plum

I was not to know there method of paper removal, they have only just removed all wallpaper so it really is irrelevant wether I went last week or yesterday end result is the same lol

Calling in would of been preferable, the trouble I had is this job is 50mins south to me and I have been working north of my house, I’ve been away on holiday and wallpaper has only recently been stripped so literally out of my control.

It happens mate....

The measure of the tradesman is how it's dealt with...

Deep breath make arrangements and move on.

You can't win em all mate and you also can't please everyone.

f**k em!!!

• Agree
Reactions: gps
What i would of done was explain i had not priced for job and to keep cost down i will get them a hard working immigrant to come and remove all walls and skip rubbish. Though this options not for everyone some just want to see 6 ft blond english men working in this country.
So option 2 would be get village numpty to shift it all while i went to another job.......... hmmmmmmm did it take ye long @gps ha

@johniosaif all is forgiven please comeback atleast you made a good fist of having a debate.

This lot are struggling to see the woods for the trees

What i would of done was explain i had not priced for job and to keep cost down i will get them a hard working immigrant to come and remove all walls and skip rubbish. Though this options not for everyone some just want to see 6 ft blond english men working in this country.
So option 2 would be get village numpty to shift it all while i went to another job.......... hmmmmmmm did it take ye long @gps ha

I have a Labourer removing dust from walls tomorrow whilst I crack on

All the politics aside

You didn’t go to view the job

On day 1 the walls fell down and you broke the bad news that all rooms need to go back to brick

Day 2 you didn’t turn up

Whatever way you look at it or excuses you make its unprofessional as f**k

All the politics aside

On day 1 the walls fell down and you broke the bad news that all rooms need to go back to brick

Day 2 you didn’t turn up

This is epic

All the politics aside

Day 2 you didn’t turn up

Put like that lol

I’m heavily invested in this thread but I absolutely love how gps can twist any thread into politics or racism, it’s absolutely stunning to watch.

I’m heavily invested in this thread but I absolutely love how gps can twist any thread into politics or racism, it’s absolutely stunning to watch.

That’s because se some do not realise politics affects our every day life’s.

And to be fair someone saying I’m black how can I be racist lol I mean seriously pmsl

That’s bevause some do not realise politics affects our every day life’s.

And to be fair someone saying I’m black how can I be racist lol I mean seriously pmsl
Watch your spelling,,, Andy g rubbing off on you.

• Funny
Reactions: gps