Dot and dab insulated plaster boards

Members online

Put thicker insulation externally best method.
If it is garage conversation then better to have no thermal bridging plus plenty of air flow within the building

Last edited:
I stick 2" celatex on with good quality sticky.fix all, is good. Let it set. Then stick PB on it . Difference in price is not a lot . If it's sound on outside should be fine.

I have already bought 37mm tekwarm polystyrene boards I was wondering if I I fit and air vent will that stop it ??want to try and get this right as really don’t want any condensation I wanted to get a small log burner in there as well I image this will cause a lot of condensation in the winter?if I get some air flow to the void behind the boards will that stop it? was thinking of doing that through the soffit vent ? Thanks

Attachments

• F8A754B9-FB0F-4B51-92ED-F8189F52177E.jpeg
    F8A754B9-FB0F-4B51-92ED-F8189F52177E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 110
  • FC9292EF-FC71-4BD0-BB32-02A46B04961B.png
    FC9292EF-FC71-4BD0-BB32-02A46B04961B.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 118
Put thicker insulation externally best method.
If it is garage conversation then better to have no thermal bridging plus plenty of air flow within the building
I won’t be insulating externally is there any other way around it I also don’t know what you mean by no thermal bridging cheers

When i converted my singles skin garage the spec from building control was.

3x2 stud work to create a 2" cavity
3" kingspan in between studs
Breathable membrane on the back of the stud
Visqueen vapour barrier on the front of the stud.

When i converted my singles skin garage the spec from building control was.

3x2 stud work to create a 2" cavity
3" kingspan in between studs
Breathable membrane on the back of the stud
Visqueen vapour barrier on the front of the stud.
The walls are all over the place can’t stud it have to dot and dab don’t think there is a way around it doing is this way is there ?