dot and dab onto blockwork ( Porfix)

Members online

I think next time i do a wall that needs double boarding in places . I.m gonna do a big dot in place. Smooth it best i can . Then cover me face in cling film and leave a face print behind boards. Could even stick some rock wool on for hair
yes please do that..and then lick your own forehead as usual afterwards

yep....thats about the skill level...performing monkey
That performing monkey has prob made his days wages bye lunchtime bye sticking boards on correctly I reckon so feels rather great about it and has decided to make a silly video as a little celebration in your honour!!:bananas:

I think next time i do a wall that needs double boarding in places . I.m gonna do a big dot in place. Smooth it best i can . Then cover me face in cling film and leave a face print behind boards. Could even stick some rock wool on for hair
Oh I’m ended here hahah you mad f**k*r lol

That performing monkey has prob made his days wages bye lunchtime bye sticking boards on correctly I reckon so feels rather great about it and has decided to make a silly video as a little celebration in your honour!!:bananas:
i doubt that very much, but if that thought makes you feel better, than please run with that by all means

if it can be done...why do you think it took so long to get someone to advise that?..are people on here genuine dic*heads...or is it a learned response through repetition and reward?
Not being a pound shop psychologist I wouldn't know. Good luck.

Hi all......i am looking at doing some dot & dab with drywall sheets onto internal walls (porfix - thermalite blocks type thing). I believe it is ok to dot and dab onto blocks of this type, but any information to the contrary is welcome. But what I am wanting to do is more than a 'dot and a dab', more like one big dob so to speak that is then spread evenly over the entire surface where the sheet is to be placed. I am aware that the individual dots and dabs provides 'play' to allow adjustment of any unevenness in the wall and the like. Im therefore thinking the complete spreading of the 'dob' would need to be a reasonable thickness to help in providing that 'play' also' The reason i am looking at this way of doing it is i would like there to be a more solid attachment to the wall rather having hollow sections between the dobs and dabs in the usual way. So...is this suggested method feasible?..or am i way way off the mark and need my head read. Any constructive feedback is welcome.

You're off your rocker mate.... why do you need to invent dobbing so you can do that instead?

It'x clear that you know so little about boarding that the very least the plasterer will do behind you bond out the whole thing = if he'll touch it at all.

If you dob the whole wall out, it will NOT give you enough play, plus, have you got any idea how hard it would be to do that with board adhesive?

f**k's sake - is this even real?

The stuff I.ll do at work to keep me entertained

Be better smashing lad's faces into it, don't you think?

Here, Herbert, smell that. What's it smell of to you?
(sniff sniff) dunno?
Really smell. Smell cat piss?
(sniff sniff) No.
SPLAT.
That's cos it's f**k**g you. No go home and have a wash while I put some rockwool on your face for hair.

Be better smashing lad's faces into it, don't you think?

Here, Herbert, smell that. What's it smell of to you?
(sniff sniff) dunno?
Really smell. Smell cat piss?
(sniff sniff) No.
SPLAT.
That's cos it's f**k**g you. No go home and have a wash while I put some rockwool on your face for hair.
Ha even better I could imprint me knob in it( have to be in summer) then put some ginger rock wool for pubes

Hi all......i am looking at doing some dot & dab with drywall sheets onto internal walls (porfix - thermalite blocks type thing). I believe it is ok to dot and dab onto blocks of this type, but any information to the contrary is welcome. But what I am wanting to do is more than a 'dot and a dab', more like one big dob so to speak that is then spread evenly over the entire surface where the sheet is to be placed. I am aware that the individual dots and dabs provides 'play' to allow adjustment of any unevenness in the wall and the like. Im therefore thinking the complete spreading of the 'dob' would need to be a reasonable thickness to help in providing that 'play' also' The reason i am looking at this way of doing it is i would like there to be a more solid attachment to the wall rather having hollow sections between the dobs and dabs in the usual way. So...is this suggested method feasible?..or am i way way off the mark and need my head read. Any constructive feedback is welcome.
This isn't a great idea.... Which is why it's not done. If you really want to get the board with very few hollow bits behind it just chuck loads of smaller dabs of adhesive and smash the f**k out the board with abit of 2x4. As you hit the board in they'll spread out and effectively do what you're suggesting anyway

This isn't a great idea.... Which is why it's not done. If you really want to get the board with very few hollow bits behind it just chuck loads of smaller dabs of adhesive and smash the f**k out the board with abit of 2x4. As you hit the board in they'll spread out and effectively do what you're suggesting anyway
Is it just me but does saying 2x4 seem wrong way round

This got weird quick. I thought he was genuine at first, then it escalated.

It’s either ***** or a joe fritzl character who doesn’t want to hear his daughter trying to escape his dungeon anymore, which explains the money no option but can’t have a tradesman in thing.

Spread the dob man, spread the do

Hahaha your off your head