Drywall Adhesive with Coving

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

chazp

Hi

I'm putting up some coving this weekend and I have a bag of Thistle Drywall Adhesive doing nothing (It's unopened and 'in life').
- Is there any reason why I can't use this to fix the the (Knauf Plaster) coving? - Or should I buy the proper stuff?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

It will stick it up ok and I have used it in the past for coving as a last resort but it dries grey and look a bit crappy until its decorated. It doesn't sponge off so easily or cleanly either. Knauf drywall adhesive is much better colour for coving IMO.

As ant jones says above^

I use knauf drywall adhesive £5 for 25kg stays workable for 2hrs & it's white :RpS_thumbup:

Same as nisus. It aint coming down if done properly. I hate gyproc addy. Horrible colour and doesn't clean off as nice. Knauf or lafarge for me. I used coving addy once, never again. Expensive and seemed to set too quick for me. I can knock up half a small bucket of board addy and use it to stick a room or two up without worrying its gonna set.

If you already have a bag of Gyproc just use that.

Sponge it agressively, then run around it with decorators caulk....run it in with your finger trowel. (finger trowel = finger) :RpS_thumbup:

Coving addy is only £5 a bag just use the right stuff...........:RpS_wink:

It takes 10 minutes to run around with a caulking gun and leaves a perfect finish for the client, blends the wall and cove. This extra time displaces the time taken f£cking around with the sponge and filling knife trying to get it perfect with the adhesive.......no brainer.

use Artex, used it for years. loads of time with it, fills nice and sponges off nice too. hate using dry wall, hands end up wrecked after sponging and if left too long its a nightmare to get off the cove

Did some coving saturday and used knauf addy for the first time in ages. Its gone horrible. Really course and a strange browny white colour. Used some lafarge today and its lovely stuff. Mix it with the drill so its lump free and have it slightly stiffer than you would for dabbing. Goes up a dream and fills in a treat.

Dry wall adhesive is great if you work it as a slightly thicker paste.
Be sure to use fairly hot water for sponging down and it comes off clean as a whistle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.