Dura finish

I am thinking about using this in my shed....

20181019_140115.jpg

20181014_155200.jpg

20181012_173210.jpg

I like things a bit clinical as I will be building anothe kit car in this...

Will be insulated and what not...

Is durafinish a lot more durable than multi?

@BritishGypsum

I am thinking about using this in my shed....

View attachment 27576

View attachment 27577

View attachment 27578

I like things a bit clinical as I will be building anothe kit car in this...

Will be insulated and what not...

Is durafinish a lot more durable than multi?

@BritishGypsum
It is also slightly different to use. You have to make sure you don't go too heavy when laying on as it has a tendency to 'clump' when you try to flatten in/ trowel up. In this weather, you'll be able to put a bit on and retire to the house as it takes a little longer to pick up. It has a long delayed set. Hope you find this useful.

It is also slightly different to use. You have to make sure you don't go too heavy when laying on as it has a tendency to 'clump' when you try to flatten in/ trowel up. In this weather, you'll be able to put a bit on and retire to the house as it takes a little longer to pick up. It has a long delayed set. Hope you find this useful.
Is it good s**t man

Reactions: Djr
What is the point of that gear, just over half stronger to scuffs etc,,, that ain't worth the cost.

It resists students giving it a whack with a hammer as they walk past. It still dents but not as much. It's good for hospital corridors etc, where it needs to be a bit more durable. Wouldn't buy it for domestic tho'.
Yes I read spec Chris, but 60% stronger I did not think that was stronger enough to make a big difference.

Yes I read spec Chris, but 60% stronger I did not think that was stronger enough to make a big difference.
You can feel its a lot denser when you're putting it on and when its set. It would be something that architects would spec, so you'd have to price accordingly.

I personally think its sound when used properly.
Especially if you want to skim your garage with having a kit car in there.

Lay it on give it a quick speeds Kim. Then let it set as if you're going over artex. Lay in the second quick speeds Kim let it set some more two plaziflex flattens jobs a good un definitely easier to flatten with plastic. Finish is just as good. No flash setting. Spreads really well so lay two coats on really tight.
As mentioned before do all riffing out first because you cannot go heavy with this stuff. You'll get the joist after one wall. Does take a lot longer to go off though but can put more on so balances out.

Can be ordered in small quantities a few bags at a time rather than by the pallet load , £15-£20 a bag , I actually liked using the gear but it does need to be applied really tight first coat any lines in first coat impossible to get out if they harden up , might go down like a bag of shite on here but again a lot better formula than multi
Really smooth gear to trowel up but as said harder to sell to client but has been used on a lot of sites and some clients prepared to pay for the extra quality of material, it’s all about choices I suppose, a bit like life

Can be ordered in small quantities a few bags at a time rather than by the pallet load , £15-£20 a bag , I actually liked using the gear but it does need to be applied really tight first coat any lines in first coat impossible to get out if they harden up , might go down like a bag of shite on here but again a lot better formula than multi
Really smooth gear to trowel up but as said harder to sell to client but has been used on a lot of sites and some clients prepared to pay for the extra quality of material, it’s all about choices I suppose, a bit like life
Bang lines out with said hammer. Mallet any f"" thing. Lol