Electric shower

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper

Private Member
The shower in my new build flat has packed in. It still light up but the low pressure light comes on and when you attempt to switch it on the water seems to stop after a couple of drips as though something is stopping it!!! I've checked the shower head and hose and they are clear. Also it runs off the combi boiler. As luck would have it, the warranty has just expired FFS!! I phoned several plumbers today and no c**t seems interested! I'm definitely in the wrong trade lol. Does ANYBODY have a clue what is wrong with the shower????

Time for a new one mate by the sounds of it.
It's not frozen inside is it? that happened to me once.

if its an electric shower it shouldnt be connected to a combi boiler... neither should a mixer if its a power shower with a pump...
how many pipes go IN to it?
only thing you can put on a combi is those straight mixers, no wiring, thermostatic bar type of thing...
which one you got?

Yep. Interesting reading. Confirming that NewTeam is a shite shower! Mind you, there is the low pressure LED on, and given there was a burst pipe in the building a couple of weeks ago, it may be connected??

does the watsit go click when you turn the thimgymajig?

its either pressure or electrical, guessing youve got good pressure on the taps?
might well be that clicky thing, wont get any pressure till you open the valve

Probably havent turned the main stop tap on enough, does it make any difference if you lower the shower head as far as you can or lie it in the bath?

I did see someone downstairs fukin about with the main valve a while back. Hmmm! Maybe thats the answer??

it'l turn out that he's trying to shower his arse when he's just flushed the bog... :RpS_laugh:

There's no reduced pressure at the taps. So you reckon its definitely the shower chris?

gotta be, unless the pressures always been a bit sh't... they need about 0.9 bar which is f'ck all really..

is there an iso valve before the shower?l you could crack the joint and see?
if theres defo good pressure to it its gonna be the on switch that opens the valve, or that little solenoid thing, if you can find these microswitches you could click em together makin sure your silly insulated like with a long bit of wood and if it fires up you know its the solenoid...
there is a little filter where the inlet pipe is, possible sommat wedged in there...

Barry, i'll come doon there and kick your small peas :RpS_laugh: I don't want to buy a shower unless this ones totally fuked, ya dick!

Chris, the pressure has always been good. The shower has plenty of power when you turn the dial and you can hear the water pressure getting to it.

if you have a look in that manual, shows where the switches are, just open the front up and click one see what happens...

If it electric shower the cold water supply needs to be a incoming main or from a cold tank above to get the pressure.
If stop tap is open fully and there are no leaks underground, the shower is fualty in some way,Now it could be many thins from limescale build up to frost damage to a sh it unit.
Personally iwouldnt pay to repair it. Id just by a new one as it wil work out the same sort of price and swap it ur self.easy peasy.

Well, after looking at all my options i.e whats going to cost me less (times are tough) i contacted the manufacturer. They reckon it's the solenoid and because the unit is not yet 2 year old, they will supply the parts free and send an engineer for £90 to repair it! Here's hoping :rolleyes)

Youd get a new 9.5 kw shower for not a lot more than u pay for enginer.
also enginer could turn up and it be somethiing else so u pay again.
dont bother pal.these these things are cheap to replace new.Also u already had 2 year use.

Last edited:
You were right Chris, it was the shower. Guy came today and replaced the circuit board. 10 minutes work. I can get my betty swollox washed now lol

Last edited:
Caspers been struggling without the shower:RpS_laugh:

:RpS_laugh:
screen_image_105595.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.