euromix cpi

Status
Not open for further replies.
naz said:
ive done 2 passes 2day and went ok and monday done a scratch and tuesday topped and it went (french word)ing lovely, do u find it better than webber? i hate webber find it to fine to float have to power sponge it

Naz do you use one of the power floats that Refina sell, are they any good and will the rub up with the float attachment?
I spoke to a rep for CPI recently and he said that most people find using a scratch coat on outside work is better.

well it can be put on in one coat which is what mono means but its not a scratch back render which is what cpi ocr is

yeah we use a power float for big panels and works a treat, we got the pft 1 with the water fees

grand i think you are getting confused with cpi ocr and cpi gpr to be honest im not completley sure all i no is its pre baged sand cement and aslong as it goes on the wall i couldnt really give a s**t

simplybesty said:
Cpi ocr really wants spraying on in one coat because if you do a scratch coat with it first the top coat takes forever to go off.

what thickness do u spray it at?

so grand what you are saying is it can be sprayed with no scratch coat and finished im only asking cos some folk are saying it needs a scratch inc euro mix rep and others say just bash on no need for scratch you can see where im coming from ???

depends on job i suppose if it was big areas in summer it would be a good idea to scratch, kill the suction , smaller areas can be done in one pass and finished quicker

yeah exactly, the other reason we scratch it first is so i can stick my bell on something straight, we have done it in 2 passes and it does go nice

goody said:
what's stucco build?
Stucco,s version of pre blended polymer mortar equal to weber ocr or most other straight render/backing mortar product.

I think we need aglossary of terms for render in this room.
altough mono does mean single i only use the word mono in relation to through colour monocouche maybe different around the uk? I refer to one coat or ocr as backing mortars or straight renders as in the sand and cement replacment. i thought everyone was the same but think it could of caused confusion on the posting

plasterjfe said:
goody said:
what's stucco build?
Stucco,s version of pre blended polymer mortar equal to weber ocr or most other straight render/backing mortar product.

I think we need aglossary of terms for render in this room.
altough mono does mean single i only use the word mono in relation to through colour monocouche maybe different around the uk? I refer to one coat or ocr as backing mortars or straight renders as in the sand and cement replacment. i thought everyone was the same but think it could of caused confusion on the posting

I think along the same lines as you with the terms Plasterjfe.

richardbrown said:
good idea plaster .... it does get confusing
thanks rich but i just realised if we all input to the glossary of terms then we might have more than one meaning for different sayings.
We should get all the shortened words and slang on a list and all put our equivalents next to them and submit to danny then he can issue a valid glossary based on the most prolific use of the terms by majority??

Status
Not open for further replies.