eze spat and pole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will put another pic up when ive finished the ceiling. Even the roofers on this job have come in to watch lol

@Marshy did you use the spat for the whole process or just the first flatten?
I've just bought the 1m as well but won't get to use it for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use mine Essex for whole process now takes a bit to get used to it I always crosshatch it aswell seems to come out far better for me anyway, it saves hoppin up n down all the time !

@Marshy did you use the spat for the whole process or just the first flatten?
I've just bought the 1m as well but won't get to use it for a while.

Apart from troweling the angles i used it for the lot mate. Kept cross troweling as it were. Must be good to stop roofers from sitting in the sunshine lol? Its so easy to use it should be banned!!?? I did spray wateron last couple of goes as its hot here and the stuff going off quick. Will stick a pic up now.

Ryan i was being silly about artex blade pal ;-) stuart just ajust the angle of the blade after each pass. I found it a doddle to use and im a right clumsy so and so lol

I find keep the angle low while flattening then make it a bit more extreme to cross is that how you have been doing it marshy? Did you get a palazzi blade with yours?

Ive had an eze spat over 12 months now. Had mixed results. I once did a conservatory and used it to finish everything with no water. Left an absolute perfect finish and It was bang on for the dwarf walls. Was too inconsistent imo. Maybe if I stuck with it (like I probably should have done with the R..e..f..I..n..a s*p*r*lex) I might have got the hang of it

Absolutley brilliant nothing more to add!!:RpS_thumbup:
View attachment 3712
View attachment 3713
First flatten took seconds!! If you havnt got one??
Dont know what your missing?

Been using mine this week. Really have to say it makes skimming a piece of P1SS .
Final passed mine with the Nela s*p*r*lex. As just used to that i guess.
I must say the pole is dam good quality compared to others i have seen of late :RpS_thumbup:

yeah i got the 800mm and 1000mm Its personal preference really. Some guys on here prefer either one of those 2. Go on treat yourself buy the pair :razz:

I find keep the angle low while flattening then make it a bit more extreme to cross is that how you have been doing it marshy? Did you get a palazzi blade with yours?
I got the stainless flexi blade in mine and its brilliant. We used it on the big ceiling in France the speedskim was awful on the mp finish and i said to ben its going in the skip!! The eze spat is great and i kept cross trowling as it were adjusting the angle of the blade each time as you would using a trowel and it was bang on. Customer couldnt believe how quick and flat the cieling was done :)

@Marshy couldnt agree with you more I love pole and spat thanks to the forum !been using it over 2 months now every gauge without fail!speedskim stilts plazzy all in the skip! Spat all the way then a quick couple of wipes with the best trowel going nela s*p*r*lex all thanks to this forum !

@Marshy couldnt agree with you more I love pole and spat thanks to the forum !been using it over 2 months now every gauge without fail!speedskim stilts plazzy all in the skip! Spat all the way then a quick couple of wipes with the best trowel going nela s*p*r*lex all thanks to this forum !

fuk me.. thats some great advertising..lol..

used the pole and spat this week on some ceilings ( artex ) two nice coats, over with the spat, then on with the s*p*r*lex.. spat really flattens it all down, beautiful.... not bothered trying to finish with it yet though, might try that out tomorrow,,,...

I got the stainless flexi blade in mine and its brilliant. We used it on the big ceiling in France the speedskim was awful on the mp finish and i said to ben its going in the skip!! The eze spat is great and i kept cross trowling as it were adjusting the angle of the blade each time as you would using a trowel and it was bang on. Customer couldnt believe how quick and flat the cieling was done :)

I've got the plazzi blade in mine had the stainless at first but some twit knocked it over on a job and kinked blade so had to put plastic in and to be fair I prefer it , only prob is Ryan said it stretches the frame if left in so I will have to get a larger one with stainless for walls cracking tool though glad I took the punt on it !

Got one in the van forgot I had it only used it once then forgot it, I will try it out on a high ceiling next week. the only problem I had with the pole is the attachment part where you needed an Alan key should be a wing nut but I will change that myself when I get round to it.

Got one in the van forgot I had it only used it once then forgot it, I will try it out on a high ceiling next week. the only problem I had with the pole is the attachment part where you needed an Alan key should be a wing nut but I will change that myself when I get round to it.
You get the alum keys with it Flynny?? I know what your saying tho but I have a set in my toolbox anyway. Put some pics up of your ceiling when you do it? Great pieces of kit those eze spats

Status
Not open for further replies.