female looking for experience/apprenticeship Manchester

A lot of those companies are robbing bastards to be blunt. Ive been in touch with several and like you as soon as they ask the question of education it goes up to 2000 quid or something stupid.
i know, what message are they trying to put across? if you've got too much education plasterings wasted on you? if you have the minimal education go in for plastering? plain offensive!

i know, what message are they trying to put across? if you've got too much education plasterings wasted on you? if you have the minimal education go in for plastering? plain offensive!

Exactly!!
its very frustrating! not only have I been told I shouldn't bother because I'm a girl (which I can get over) I'm apparently over qualified for a trade like plastering..

I am getting put off as I cant afford the courses and cant find any other route into it. I have tried to get 19+ funding but I started a degree so again don't qualify

do you drive? pm me your number and i'll give you a call tomorrow? maybe just come along with us for a few days see if you like plastering? we're based in fallowfield and work all round manchester mainly altrincham way. (is aly short for alysha?)

do you drive? pm me your number and i'll give you a call tomorrow? maybe just come along with us for a few days see if you like plastering? we're based in fallowfield and work all round manchester mainly altrincham way. (is aly short for alysha?)

I'm in the process of leaning, not much help i know but i can certainly travel wherever! theres always a bus
will do thank you!!
its short for alice :)

fair enough, good attitude! i struggled in the beginning and would have swam the channel for a job on the other side. my advice would be save your money for a car for when you pass as work will be a nightmare without your own transport. maybe we can help with experience in the meantime.... we shall see! :)

fair enough, good attitude! i struggled in the beginning and would have swam the channel for a job on the other side. my advice would be save your money for a car for when you pass as work will be a nightmare without your own transport. maybe we can help with experience in the meantime.... we shall see! :)

I definitely will! I will have use of a car when ive passed as my gf drives.. she can always drop me off if needed too.
Thank you again! :)

Go on jess... Talk to the boss,see if you can give Alice a start(y)
Even a couple of shifts..making tea? You know you like yer tea:)

I'm in the process of leaning, not much help i know but i can certainly travel wherever! theres always a bus
will do thank you!!
its short for alice :)
IMG_6192.JPG